Alzheimer’s Disease Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
October 29, 2021
Alzheimer’s Disease refers to a progressive neurologic disorder that leads the brain to shrink and brain cells to die.It is a common cause of a disease known as dementia in which a person continuously declines in thinking, social and behavioural skills that affect their ability to function independently.
Symptoms of Alzheimer’s DiseaseAs it is a progressive condition, this indicates that the symptoms may get worse over time. However, memory loss is the key feature of the Disease and tends to be one of the initial symptoms. The symptoms of the health condition appear gradually over time, and these symptoms include:
1. Memory LossA person may experience difficulty in acquiring new information and remembering it. This can lead to
- Losing objects
- Repeating conversations or questions
- Wandering or getting lost
- Forgetting about effects
2. Cognitive deficitsA person may have difficulty in performing complex tasks, reasoning, and judgments which can lead to
- Reduced understanding of risks and safety
- Difficulty in making decisions
- Difficulty in accomplishing tasks having several stages
3. Recognition issuesA patient may become less able to recognize objects, faces, or people. However, these issues are not due to eyesight.
4. Issues with reading, writing, and speakingA person may develop complications with thinking of common words, making more speech, writing, or spelling errors.
5. Spatial awareness issuesA person may face difficulty with balance, spill things often, trip over, or have trouble orienting the clothes to their body while getting dressed.
6. Behavioural or personality changesA person may experience behavioural or personality change issues that might include
- Loss of motivation or loss of interest
- Becoming angry, upset, or worried more than before
- Obsessive, compulsive, or socially inappropriate behavior
- Empathy loss
Stages of Alzheimer’s Disease
The stages of the Disease can also range from mild to severe. Here are the several stages of the Disease
- Mild Stage
At this stage, the patients with the Disease develop cognitive difficulties and memory problems, including difficulty handling money, taking longer than usual to perform a task, experiencing personality and behavioural changes, etc.
- Moderate Stage
The moderate stage is when the patient’s parts of the brain that are responsible for their senses, language, consciousness, and reasoning are damaged. This stage can develop symptoms including confusion, greater memory loss, inability to learn new things, impulsive behaviour, hallucinations, etc.
- Severe Stage
In the case of the severe stage, the tangles and plaques present throughout the brain cause the brain tissues to shrink substantially. They can lead to dependency on others for care, inability to communicate, and inability to leave the bed.
Diagnosis of Disease
There is no single test that can confirm the presence of the health condition in a person. However, the symptoms, medical history, and experiences contribute to diagnosing the health condition.
This may also include neurological function tests, memory and cognitive tests, CT scans, MRI of the brain, etc.
Treatments of Disease
Though there is no cure for this health condition, it is impossible to reverse the brain cells loss. But the treatment can help relieve the symptoms and improve the quality of life for a person with the health condition.
However, the doctors recommend several medications for a particular stage of the Disease. Dealing with such potent drugs to get some relief from the medical condition is challenging to attain. That is why people are inclining more towards the natural treatments that can offer comfort from the symptoms and leave no or fewer side effects.
Alzheimer’s Disease is indeed a challenging health condition that is troublesome to deal with. Though there is no cure for this health condition, if the diagnosis of the condition is done at an early stage and handled properly, one can sustain it well.
Medical Marijuana is a reliable natural treatment that even research studies suggest and shows traces of improvement in the patients acquiring the treatment. But indeed the marijuana treatment access requires medical recommendations and legal permissions like a medical marijuana card.
Have happy healing with natural remedies and say goodbye to your health condition.
Our Simple 3 Step Process For Medical Marijuana Card
1. Fill up your details in an easy 420 Evaluations form.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local MMJ doctor After Online Submission.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Recommendation In Your Email.
Looking To Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card?
Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana in Texas: 2023 Update.
Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana in Texas: 2023 Update.Table of Content Introduction Qualifying Medical Conditions List What Is An Incurable Neurodegenerative Disease? Some Of The Other Requirements For A Texas Medical Marijuana Card Are...
New York Medical Marijuana Qualifying Conditions
Qualifying Conditions List for New York Medical Marijuana Card in 2023.Table of Content Introduction Qualifying Medical Conditions List Some Other Requirements Of The New York Medical Marijuana Card Can A Minor Qualify For A New York Medical...
The Process To Legally Obtain A Medical Marijuana Card in Virginia
The Process To Legally Obtain A Medical Marijuana Card in VirginiaTable of Content Virginia's Medical Marijuana Card Statistics What Is The Need For A Medical Marijuana Card In Virginia? What Are The Various Qualifying Medical Conditions For A...