Table of Content
Cannabis is a plant that generally refers to a group of three plants with some psychoactive properties. Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica, and Cannabis Ruderalis are the three plants with the psychoactive properties whose flowers are when harvested and desiccated generate a common drug that is known as Marijuana. As the use of Marijuana is becoming legal in many areas, different names of it are also evolving and two such names of different forms, of course, are Medical Cannabis and Recreational Cannabis. The confusion between medical Cannabis and Recreation Cannabis is getting intense.
Cannabis is comprised of more than 120 components which are identified as Cannabinoids. The two primary components that are the point of attraction and offers ample health benefits are Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD). Each of them has different effects on the body.
What is CBD?
It is a psychoactive cannabinoid that is high in CBD that facilitates in alleviating the pain, cancer-related symptoms, and diminishing the inflammation. It also facilitates ease the seizures, anxiety, nausea, and migraine.
What is THC?
It is the primary psychoactive cannabinoid constituent present in Cannabis. It is an active ingredient in marijuana that can make an individual high by increasing the heart rate and triggers the mind cells that release a huge amount of dopamine which further helps in diminishing pains, swelling, and muscle control difficulties.
Medical Cannabis Facilitates Subsequent Medical Conditions
According to the researchers, working on medical marijuana states that Cannabinoids being an active chemical present in medical marijuana might help in subsequent medical conditions.
- Diminishes anxiety
- Modulating the immune system
- Reduce inflammation
- Alleviate pain
- Control nausea and queasiness caused by cancer
- Kill cancer cells
- Promoting Neuroplasticity
- Slower down the tumor growth
- Relax tight muscles in people
- Stimulate appetite
- Muscle Spasms
- Perks up weight gain in people with cancer and AIDS
Medical weed is primarily CBD-based, Recreational weed is THC-based.
What Is Medical Marijuana?
Medical Cannabis or Marijuana refers to a whole unprocessed plant that is utilized with a valid ID card for consumption and acquisition. Medical Marijuana is cultivated with some strict measures that make them useful for treating many health conditions. This cannot be consumed or bought devoid of any valid recommendation from a certified Medical Health Professional. Medical Marijuana has higher CBD content as compared to the Recreational one.
Medical Marijuana History
In the 17th century, a hemp plant that was conventionally used for making sails and ropes produces Marijuana. Presently it is available in licensed medical stores in the form of hemp seeds and hemp oil. Both the hemp seeds as well as hemp oil are rich sources of dietary protein, minerals, and fiber. This plant has been used for generations due to its ample benefits. As far as the history of Medical Marijuana is concerned, the development discloser of its benefits of Medical Marijuana is done over time with deep research involved.
- The initial records of consumption of medical marijuana came from China where the pharmacologist cited in a medical book regarding the health benefits of Medical Marijuana that treats a variety of health conditions.
- The Ancient Greeks applied this cannabis on their battle wounded horses and other animals for treating the wounds by dressing with the cannabis.
- In the mid of 18’s an Irish doctor named William Brooke O’Shaughnessy, during the trip to India witnessed the use and benefits of cannabis. As per the studies and research, the drug was taken to England to treat the health conditions like muscle spasms, pains, epilepsy, etc. Later, this drug got popular very quickly in Europe and North America.
- An ancient Egyptian from the 2nd century recorded the use of Marijuana as an effective remedy for cancer patients and cited it as a cancer medicine.
- In the 20th century, it began to be replaced by some synthetic medicines, and later it got difficult to acquire and prescribe Marijuana and finally got removed from the USP in 1942 after the Marihuana Tax Act was passed.
- Later in the ’20s, it got legal again for medicinal use and as a treatment on ample health conditions.
What is Recreational Weed?
Recreational is a very popular word among those who love marijuana but do not hold a mmj card for the same. So, if you are one among those who do not have any idea about “what does recreational mean” why is it popular among cannabis users then here is your answer. Recreational use meaning is possessing marijuana for fun purposes rather than using it for treating a particular disability. If Recreational marijuana is officially authorized in your state, then the individual can easily purchase it if the individual is 21 or older. Consumption of Recreational Marijuana is allowed devoid of any recommendation. This has more THC content that is responsible for making the individual high.
Recreational Marijuana History
- In the 1890s, the pot was used in numerous medicines and hemp was used in the manufacturing of clothes.
- As per the Pure Food and Drug Act, 1906, all the cannabis products were necessitated to be labeled
- In the 1920s the use of pot got increased after the Mexican Revolution.
- The federal criminalization of Marijuana was done with the generation of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics cell back in 1930.
- In 1931, numerous states banned the use of Marijuana.
- Back in the 1950s, minimum sentences for the possession and utilization of Marijuana became mandatory by Federal.
- During the 1960s, the pot was recreationally used by Americans and the effects after the consumption did not show to induce any violent behavior.
- In the 1970s, the use of pot doesn’t create a harmful effect got clarified and it got differentiated from other harmful drugs that affect the individual. So the mandatory sentences were also revoked.
- In 1986, the toughening up on the pot usage got announced by Ronald Reagan which led to the mandatory sentence on the use of Marijuana was declared by the federal.
- During the 20s, more than 12 states voted for legalizing medical marijuana use.
- In 2012, Washington and Colorado became the first states to officially authorize the use of recreational cannabis for some adults for their treatment.
Types of Marijuana
There are three different types of cannabis plants at the most basic level that offers health benefits.
Cannabis Indica plants that contain lower THC and higher CBD levels. These plants are bushier and shorter with wider leaves. Myrcene, Terpinolene, and Linalool are the common terpenes involved in Cannabis Indica and produces the finest results when used for various health conditions like acute pains, loss of appetite, the difference in dopamine levels, treating insomnia, and many more.
Cannabis Sativa plants contain lower CBD and higher THC ratio. These plants are tall and thin in size with narrow light green colored leaves. Caryophyllene, Limonene, and Pinene are the common terpenes involved in Cannabis Sativa and produces the finest results when used for various health conditions like anxiety, depression, chronic pains, and many more.
The wide range of cannabis medicinal strains between the cannabis Sativa and cannabis Indica are known as hybrids. The hybrids can further be divided into three subcategories namely Indica dominant hybrids, Sativa dominant hybrids, and even hybrids.
- Indica dominant hybrids: These strains endow with relaxing head, relieves body pains, and for the patients suffering from all types of auto-immune diseases.
- Sativa dominant hybrids: These strains are cerebral high with relaxing body effect that endows with mental and body relief.
- Even hybrids: These strains are for the patients seeking for a perfect balance of body and head relief.
Medical Marijuana vs Recreational
Medical vs Recreational has always been a topic of debate for most marijuana user. People often ask question like “Why should I get a medical marijuanas recommendation when I can possess or smoke without one.” For those, Here is why getting a card is helpful.
In terms of THC and CBD Levels
The chief difference between Medical Marijuana and Recreational Cannabis is the content of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD). These are the two primary active constituents in marijuana. If we define recreational use of Marijuana, it has more THC content as compared to Medical Marijuana. As THC is medicinally beneficial but is responsible for making the users feel high and its psychoactive nature is not so ideal for those who want to extract the health benefits from it whereas CBD that is comparatively more in Medical Marijuana has been proved to be an excellent remedy for dealing with several health conditions.
Though both Medical and Recreational Cannabis have both the constituents, the one that has a higher CBD ratio i.e. Medical Marijuana endows with more health benefits. Therefore Medical Marijuana is proven to relieve lots of health conditions like alleviates Depression, antipsychotic properties, and many more.
Buying medicinal marijuana vs recreational
While buying medicinal marijuana, a legalized personal is required to be shown which states that the individual is allowed to purchase and consume medical cannabis. This is recommended by the authorized medical professional and is obtainable at medical clinics only whereas recreational cannabis can be obtained from the medical stores and the seller is not allowed to advise anything concerning it.
In terms of Ease of Accessibility and Availability
The Laws governing Medical Marijuana have been relaxed and altered that allows the extensive use of it whereas Recreational Marijuana still struggles for accessibility as well as availability.
In terms of Quality:
Both Medical Marijuana and Recreational undergoes the same cultivation procedure but the chief difference occurs during the emergence in cultivation and its production. It purely depends on the final product that it will either be used for medical purposes or recreation purposes only. Cannabis intended for medical use undergoes a controlled and stringent process before it is made accessible for consumption. Plantation or medical marijuana is done in a controlled environment whereas recreational cannabis can be cultivated outdoors and indoors. Medical Marijuana is closely monitored on small issues like pesticides use so that the end product is safe for consumption. Undoubtedly both the processes are monitored safely but the emphasis on medical one is more.
In terms of Variety of Purpose
Versatile products are preferred more and the same applies to Cannabis. Medical Cannabis is considered to be more versatile as compared to recreational one due to the ample benefits it offers for many medical conditions. Medical Cannabis has high CBD constituents and low THC whereas Recreational has high THC. Constituent having high CBD is more beneficial and facilitates boosting good health. So it is ideal for elders as well as children but talking about the recreational one, it is restricted to a specific age group only.
In terms of Benefits:
Patients acquiring a medical cannabis card obtain more benefits as it offers a wide variety of benefits to its consumers. In contrast, the same is not available from the recreational one. For instance, a cardholder can save money because the person doesn’t need to pay additional taxes imposed on recreational cannabis products.
Though recreational weed is legal in California, it is essential to understand the benefits of accessing medical marijuana with a medical card that is not accessible to recreational users.
Our Simple 3 Step Process For Medical Marijuana Card
1. Fill up your details in an easy 420 Evaluations form.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local MMJ doctor After Online Submission.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Recommendation In Your Email.
Looking To Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card?
Understanding The Difference Between a Joint and a Blunt!Table of Content Introduction What are Blunts? What are Joints? What’s The Difference Between a Blunt and a Joint? Which Are More Health-Friendly, Blunt or Joints? How To Choose Between Joints...
Understanding Couch Lock: Causes, Effects and PreventionTable of Content Introduction What is a Couch Lock? What Are The Symptoms Of Couch Lock? What Causes Couch-Lock? How To Prevent Couch-Lock? Side Effects and Risks of Couch Lock! Best Strains For...
Telehealth Revolution: Marijuana Prescriptions at Your Fingertips!Table of Content Introduction What Is Telehealth, and How Is It Revolutionizing Marijuana Prescriptions? Telehealth Process For Obtaining A Marijuana Prescription! Benefits of...