Does Marijuana Work For Neurodegenerative Diseases?
- But what are Neurodegenerative diseases?
- How do these diseases affect people’s lives?
- Is it possible that medical marijuana can help to treat Neurodegenerative diseases?
- If yes, then how Cannabis can help to ease patients from neurodegenerative diseases?
The following blog will help you to answer all the questions mentioned earlier:
What is Neurodegenerative Disease?
If the person is suffering from one of the neurodegenerative diseases, the patient will have issues with body movements known as Ataxias, or proper brain functioning (dementias), or sometimes a person can be paralyzed, such as he will not be able to walk, speak or even breath properly, which can be horrifying.
As I mentioned above, Neurodegenerative diseases are a group of health issues. Here is the list of the most common neurodegenerative disease:
Looking to Apply for an Medical Marijuana Card
Get Started by following these Steps:
1. Start FIlling up the 420 Evaluations form with your details.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local MMJ doctor once the submission is complete.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Letter In Your Email.
Types of Major Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Alzheimer’s disease (AD) – It is a gradual disorder that damages memory and other significant mental functionality.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) – It is a behavior ailment identified by distraction, impulsivity, and, in some cases, hyperactivity.
- Dementias – It is a combination of diseases, such as the disability of at least two brain functions. For example, memory loss and lack of judgment can be part of Dementia.
- Huntington’s disease (HD) – HD is a genetic health disease that causes the breakdown of the brain’s nerve cells over time. As a result, the person has to suffer from cognitive (thinking), progressive movement, and psychiatric indications.
- Motor neuron diseases (MND) – It is an unusual ailment that attacks the nervous system and brain tissues. It makes the person weak that grows severe over time.
- Parkinson’s disease (PD) and PD-related disorders – If a person is affected by Parkinson’s disease, the patient will have various signs, including rigidity (body stiffness), bradykinesia (slowness), trembling, and postural imbalance.
- Prion disease – In this health condition, a prion protein can activate natural proteins in the brain to overlap abnormally. It can harm both humans and animals.
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) – It is an acquired neuromuscular sickness that hits the body tissues. People with SMA waste a specific type of nerve cell in the spinal cord known as motor neurons, become sick, and lose stamina.
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia (SCA) – This health issue refers to a group of genetic ataxias identified by degenerative variations in the section of the brain linked to the cerebellum and sometimes in the spinal cord.
How Do Neurodegenerative Diseases Affect People’s Lives?
Can Medical Cannabis Help To Treat Neurodegenerative Diseases?
How Can Cannabis Help To Ease Patients From Neurodegenerative Diseases?
- Antioxidant Effects
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects
Medical cannabis includes antioxidants with an accuracy of THC and CBD mixtures, which help protect against Neurodegenerative Diseases (ND). THC and CBD can be beneficial to prevent the degeneration of neurons and tissues in the human brain.
Inflammation or Infection of neurons is a common indication with various neurological ailments, such as Parkinson’s disorder (PD) and Alzheimer’s disorder (AD). With the precise measurements of THC and CBD and anti-inflammatory properties, medical cannabis effectively resists these diseases. The before-mentioned anti-inflammatory characteristics can help fight the neuroinflammatory methods that originate neurological disorders (ND).
Medical cannabis can help enhance and sustain the ElectroConvulsive Shock (ECS) concentration, which can block or lessen the progress of neurological disorders (ND).
Neurodegenerative diseases can severely affect the human brain, and these disorders can not be healed. But with the help of medical marijuana and cannabis products, they can be controlled, and the consequences of neurodegenerative diseases can be slowed down. A licensed marijuana doctor can recommend cannabis when the physician discovers the other treatments are no longer effective. However, a person can possess cannabis for treatment with a medical marijuana card legally in the USA. Click here to learn more about how to get a medical marijuana card.