Table of Content
Neurodegenerative disease affects nearly 1 in 6 of the world’s population (approximately one billion people) every year. Despite this, as per the 2021 report, the Alzheimer’s Disease Association (ADA) estimates that 6.2 million people in the USA suffer from neurodegenerative diseases, and 1.2 million Americans could be experiencing Parkinson’s illness by 2030.
- But what are Neurodegenerative diseases?
- How do these diseases affect people’s lives?
- Is it possible that medical marijuana can help to treat Neurodegenerative diseases?
- If yes, then how Cannabis can help to ease patients from neurodegenerative diseases?
The following blog will help you to answer all the questions mentioned earlier:
What is Neurodegenerative Disease?
Neurodegenerative disease is an umbrella term for many health conditions that mainly attack the human brain’s neurons. Neurons are blocks of the central nervous system that are responsible for all brain’s neurological functionality. Neurons usually can’t reproduce, so the body will not be able to replace them when they get broken or die. That is why neurodegenerative diseases are severe and debilitating ailments affecting progressive degeneration or the destruction of nerve cells.
If the person is suffering from one of the neurodegenerative diseases, the patient will have issues with body movements known as Ataxias, or proper brain functioning (dementias), or sometimes a person can be paralyzed, such as he will not be able to walk, speak or even breath properly, which can be horrifying.
As I mentioned above, Neurodegenerative diseases are a group of health issues. Here is the list of the most common neurodegenerative disease:
Types of Major Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Alzheimer’s disease (AD) – It is a gradual disorder that damages memory and other significant mental functionality.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) – It is a behavior ailment identified by distraction, impulsivity, and, in some cases, hyperactivity.
- Dementias – It is a combination of diseases, such as the disability of at least two brain functions. For example, memory loss and lack of judgment can be part of Dementia.
- Huntington’s disease (HD) – HD is a genetic health disease that causes the breakdown of the brain’s nerve cells over time. As a result, the person has to suffer from cognitive (thinking), progressive movement, and psychiatric indications.
- Motor neuron diseases (MND) – It is an unusual ailment that attacks the nervous system and brain tissues. It makes the person weak that grows severe over time.
- Parkinson’s disease (PD) and PD-related disorders – If a person is affected by Parkinson’s disease, the patient will have various signs, including rigidity (body stiffness), bradykinesia (slowness), trembling, and postural imbalance.
- Prion disease – In this health condition, a prion protein can activate natural proteins in the brain to overlap abnormally. It can harm both humans and animals.
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) – It is an acquired neuromuscular sickness that hits the body tissues. People with SMA waste a specific type of nerve cell in the spinal cord known as motor neurons, become sick, and lose stamina.
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia (SCA) – This health issue refers to a group of genetic ataxias identified by degenerative variations in the section of the brain linked to the cerebellum and sometimes in the spinal cord.
How Do Neurodegenerative Diseases Affect People’s Lives?
As you know, degenerative nerve diseases (Neurodegenerative diseases) affect a patient’s body movement, posture balance, thinking, talking, heart functionality, and even breathing. Many of these diseases are genetic. The hazard of being influenced by a neurodegenerative disease progresses dramatically with age. Sometimes, degenerative nerve diseases can be triggered by other issues, such as drug or alcohol addiction, tumors, or a stroke. Other problems may involve chemicals, toxins, and viruses as well.
Can Medical Cannabis Help To Treat Neurodegenerative Diseases?
Yes, marijuana products, including cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), can help treat neurodegenerative diseases (ND), including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Multiple Sclerosis, in many ways.
How Can Cannabis Help To Ease Patients From Neurodegenerative Diseases?
Cannabis can ease the patients from Neurodegenerative Diseases (or Degenerative Nerve Diseases); here is why:
- Antioxidant Effects
Medical cannabis includes antioxidants with an accuracy of THC and CBD mixtures, which help protect against Neurodegenerative Diseases (ND). THC and CBD can be beneficial to prevent the degeneration of neurons and tissues in the human brain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects
Inflammation or Infection of neurons is a common indication with various neurological ailments, such as Parkinson’s disorder (PD) and Alzheimer’s disorder (AD). With precise measurements of THC and CBD and anti-inflammatory properties, medical cannabis effectively resists these diseases. The before-mentioned anti-inflammatory characteristics can help fight the neuroinflammatory methods that originate neurological disorders (ND).
Medical cannabis can help enhance and sustain the ElectroConvulsive Shock (ECS) concentration, which can block or lessen the progress of neurological disorders (ND).
Neurodegenerative diseases can severely affect the human brain, and these disorders can not be healed. But with the help of medical marijuana and cannabis products, they can be controlled, and the consequences of neurodegenerative diseases can be slowed down. A licensed marijuana doctor can recommend cannabis when the physician discovers the other treatments are no longer effective. However, a person can possess cannabis for treatment with a medical marijuana card legally in the USA. Click here to learn more about how to get a medical marijuana card.
Our Simple 3 Step Process For Medical Marijuana Card
1. Fill up your details in an easy 420 Evaluations form.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local MMJ doctor After Online Submission.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Recommendation In Your Email.
Looking To Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card?
Muscle Spasms: Causes, Symptoms, And Treatments (Home Remedies)Table of Content Introduction What are Muscle Spasms? Causes Prevention Treatment Home Remedies Bottom Line! Muscle spasms, also known as muscle cramps, refer to painful contractions and...
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)? Symptoms, Causes and Treatment Table of Content Introduction Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosis of Arthritis Rheumatoid Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis Bottom Line! Rheumatoid Arthritis refers to a chronic...
What is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy? Its Symptoms, Causes and TreatmentWritten By Shasta WilsonTable of Content Introduction Symptoms Causes Prevention from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Diagnosis of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Treatment of Reflex...