The Complete Guide for MY MMJ Doctor New York
Table of Content
- Application Process
- Health Qualifying Conditions
- State Evaluation Procedure
- Create a NY GOV account
- Brief Medical Marijuanas Card Registration Process
- Essential Tips
- Requirements For Adult Patients
- How to Register as an Adult Patient?
- Requirements For Minor Patients
- Temporary Registry Identification Card
- Requirements For Caregivers
- How to Register as a Caregiver?
- Requirements For Proxy Applicant
- How to Register as a Proxy Applicant?
How to Register as an Adult Patient?
After creating your NY.GOV account and activating it, you will require the below-mentioned steps to register for the medical marijuana card New York Online:
After signing in to the official portal of DOH, click on the Health Applications icon and then select Medical Marijuana Data Management System (MMDMS).
Now, select the ‘Patient’ option that will land you on the Medical Marijuana Program for patient registration.
Enter the following information and click on the Next button:
- Full name
- Date of birth (In MM/DD/YYYY format)
- Certification number issued by a licensed practitioner
- You can find the certification number in the top right-hand corner of the recommendation. Enter the number as written on the certification but don’t add spaces.
- If you see an error message on the screen, recheck your entered information with the certification. If you get the same message, email the Department of Health at [email protected] to update the information.
Now click on the “REGISTER/VIEW MY REGISTRATIONS” button, where you can review your information, and after reviewing the details, select “Start New Registration.”
On the New Registration page, you can edit or add your personal information, including your email, mailing address. If you seek to update your mailing address, then you will have to upload the required documents. Click here to learn more about the valid documents that are required. Also, selecting a caregiver is optional for adult patients!
Once the application is complete, check out the acknowledgment statement. Then, answer the question regarding Driver’s Licenses and Non-Driver ID Cards.
Note: If the photo shown on the ID card no longer resembles you, you need to upload a recent photo.
You need to select the “Submit Registration” and then the “Save & Exit” button for the final submission of your application.
After submitting your registration, you will see a pop-up message on the screen that shows your registration status within a few minutes.
- Pending Review: Your enrollment will have pending status if you upload certificates or a photo. The Department will evaluate your application to verify. You can log back into your account to check the status of your enrollment at any time.
- Approved: If the status is shown as approved, it means you can download your temporary registry ID card that can be used to buy medical marijuana from a registered organization’s dispensing facility until you get your valid marijuana card in New York online. Click here to learn more about temporary registry ID cards. You should receive a registry ID card within 7 to 10 business days in the mail.
To start the process of registering, you will need to get a recommendation for an MMJ card. Click here to apply for the MMJ certification!