The Complete Guide for MY MMJ Doctor New York
Table of Content
- Application Process
- Health Qualifying Conditions
- State Evaluation Procedure
- Create a NY GOV account
- Brief Medical Marijuanas Card Registration Process
- Essential Tips
- Requirements For Adult Patients
- How to Register as an Adult Patient?
- Requirements For Minor Patients
- Temporary Registry Identification Card
- Requirements For Caregivers
- How to Register as a Caregiver?
- Requirements For Proxy Applicant
- How to Register as a Proxy Applicant?
Requirements For Caregivers
A caregiver is a person who physically and mentally supports a patient who no longer can care for themself because of ailment, trauma, or inability. As per state laws, a patient under 18 years can not purchase medical marijuana. So a minor patient needs to choose one or two caregivers to register with the Department’s Medical Marijuana Program. The assigned caregiver must also enroll with the Department to obtain a registry ID card so the caregiver can buy, possess, transfer, and administer approved medical marijuana products on behalf of the minor patient. You can accept the role of a caregiver if you are assigned by a proxy applicant or a patient during the registration. Click here to know how to register as a caregiver.
Who Can be Designated as a Caregiver?
- A parent of the minor patient
- A Legal guardian of the minor patient.
- A person assigned by the parents or legal guardian.
- A suitable person licensed by the Department of Health due to no legal guardian or parent is available.
Age LimitTo assist a minor patient, a caregiver must be 21 years old.
Here are the following documents that are required to register as a caregiver:
- Photo ID
- Proof of NYS residency
- Application for the Assigned Caregiver
- Proof of NYS residency of Caregiver
Check out the information regarding the documentation that may be accepted:
For Photo ID
- Driver’s License or Non-Driver ID Card issued by the New York government.
Note: Keep in mind that you don’t upload a copy of your ID during New York medical card registration online. You will need to submit the 9-digit number in the given field on the enrollment form.
- If you do not have the ID cards mentioned above, you can upload a recent photo taken with a cell phone or camera. Remember that head and shoulders should be up on a plain background (jpg format) and don’t wear a hat or sunglasses while taking a picture.
For New York State Residency (Permanent or Temporary)
- Driver’s License or Non-Driver ID Card issued by the state government
Note: Keep in mind that don’t upload a copy of your ID during New York medical card registration online. You will need to submit the 9-digit number in the given field on the enrollment form.
- Pay stubs that should be from within the last two months
- NYC ID Card
Contract from one of the last two months
- Lease agreement
- Utility bills, such as electricity, gas, or cable bills with a service address that meets the recommendation location
- Practitioner/Hospital bill from last two months
- Social Security Administration official correspondence
Documents that are not acceptable
- Cell phone bill
- Bank/credit card statements
- United States passport
- Driver License/ Non-Driver Identification Card from another state
- Tax returns