Guidelines for registering as Adult Patient Application in Oklahoma
Publish Date: February 22, 2021; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.
What You Will Require While Applying Online
1. Recommendation Form from Physician
You need to submit a form that should be filled out by the patient information along with the Physician information. Also, you must apply within 30 days for your form that must be signed by the physician.
In case you want to provide someone with the license, the same physician must sign the bottom section of the form, which should state your need for a caregiver. (This condition is optional).
Also Read: Get Your Medical Marijuana Card Online Today
2. Digital Photo (for your medical marijuana card)
For your medical marijuana card, you need to have a Digital Photo that should be plain white or off-white background without any glasses or hats. Make sure, that your photo must be clear/non-fuzzy (digital photo) that should have a visible head and top of shoulders. A patient is not allowed to submit a photo with a wide smile showing your teeth.
3. Identity proof that needs one document
To show proof of your identity, a patient can submit an unexpired Oklahoma driver’s license or ID card with front and back, that must be in colored form. Also, a patient can either submit a US Passport or a Tribal ID that should be accepted by the Department of Public Safety.
Acceptable Tribal Identification Cards are:
United States Bureau of Indian Affairs identification card or an Oklahoma tribal photo identification card:
- Muscogee (Creek) Nation of Oklahoma,
- Apache of Oklahoma,
- Absentee Shawnee,
- Caddo Nation of Oklahoma issued on or after January 8, 2008
4. Proof of Residency with one document required as proof
A patient is supposed to submit any one document as proof from the following:
5. Proof of Medicaid/Medicare/Disabled Veteran Status
You need to give proof of Medicaid/Medicare/Disabled Veteran Status. It is optional, and you can skip this option too. While providing this card, a patient needs to submit any of the following:
- Medicare-front of your Medicare card
- Medicaid-enrollment letter
- Veteran Status-letter from the VA with 100% disability status noted
For a medical marijuana card, a patient is required to pay a $100 non-refundable application fee. Those applicants who have proof of Medicaid/Medicare/Disabled Veteran Status only need to pay a $20 non-refundable application fee. A person can pay the fees by Visa card, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit card.
7. Online Account
While creating an account with OMMA, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, a patient needs to visit http://omma.ok.gov/ and, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- After that register an account with your email address,
- Wait for the confirmation email and click on ‘verify’,
- Then, fill out your request and upload the required documents,
- At last, a patient needs to pay the required fees and submit the form.
A few things to remember
- While creating your account, please make sure that you use an email address that belongs to you. In case a clinic or other entity is assisting you with your application, do NOT allow them to enter an email address that does not belong to you.
- A patient needs to provide an accurate mailing address as your OMMA will send your license on your provided address. A patient can use a PO Box for their mailing address but not for your street address.
- Only one person can submit an application for each account created. Each applicant needs a separate account.
- Make sure to review your application to make sure it is accurate and complete before you submit it.