How Medical Marijuana card Use To Help Crohn’s Disease In New York
Publish Date: September 30th, 2021; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.
Crohn’s Disease is one of the qualifying conditions for medical marijuana treatment in several states. Medical Marijuana has helped ample patients across the countries, and still, patients are a bit skeptical about acquiring the treatment.
The reason is obviously its illicit status on the federal level.
But with this, a medical marijuana card is the standalone document that gives you the legal right to access the treatment.
And surprisingly, New York has marked its presence well in promoting the use of medical marijuana to deal with several health conditions, and Crohn’s Disease is one of them!
Let us get acquainted with the essential information concerning Crohn’s Disease.
Crohn’s Disease is an inflammatory bowel disease causing the inflammation of the digestive tract.
Crohn’s Disease refers to an autoimmune condition where the body’s immune system attacks the tissues that are mistaken to be invasive.
The health condition can further lead to fatigue, malnutrition, abdominal pain, weight loss, and severe diarrhea. The Disease can be painful and debilitating and may also lead to life-threatening complications.
The Disease Cycle
Much research is going on to identify the Crohn’s Disease cause, but the health condition still remains one of the mysteries.
Genetics is not only the mitigating factor in the cause of the Disease but seems to play a crucial role in the likelihood that the person will contract the Disease.
It basically can unleash a chain of events, which causes a downward spiral in health. And you will be astonished to know that medical marijuana might be a key to break this chain in Crohn’s Disease patients.
It refers to an autoimmune condition where the body’s immune system attacks the tissues that are mistaken to be invasive.
But do you know why these tissues are invasive?
Well, the reason behind it is still unclear, but the researchers suspect that the Disease might be triggered by invasive microbes, possibly environmental pollutants, or allergic reactions to certain foods.
Another reason that might play a crucial role in Crohn’s Disease is the Human endocannabinoid system.
As it is known that the human intestines have a higher concentration of CB1 cannabinoid receptors. Several researchers suspect that an imbalance in endocannabinoids developed by the body might be crucial in a person’s susceptibility to the Disease.
And supplementing the person’s diet with phytocannabinoids might bring the Gut back into balance. Surprisingly, these phytocannabinoids are found in marijuana.
Looking to Apply for an Medical Marijuana CardGet Started by following these Steps: 1. Start FIlling up the 420 Evaluations form with your details. 2. Get Evaluated by a Local MMJ doctor once the submission is complete. 3. Get Approved and Receive your Letter In Your Email.
What are the symptoms of Crohn’s Disease?
What damages can it cause?
How does medical marijuana help break the disease cycle?
- Medical Marijuana modulates the autoimmune response: The active compounds present in marijuana, known as phytocannabinoids, can play a crucial role in modulating the immune system’s activity. Medical Cannabis helps in preventing the Disease’s onset or slow down its progression for several patients.
- Medical Marijuana modulates the pain response: As the human endocannabinoid system is involved in nausea perception, medical Cannabis is extensively used due to its pain-relieving properties.
- Medical Marijuana modulates the inflammatory response: Essential oils and cannabinoids, known as the terpenes developed in Cannabis, have been shown to facilitate tame the inflammatory response in several patients and reduce Crohn’s ulcers.
- Medical Cannabis tames vomiting and nausea: As the endocannabinoid system is involved in nausea’s perception. Medical Cannabis is more effective in diminishing nausea and vomiting than other prescribed medications.
- Medical Cannabis diminishes stress and anxiety: When used appropriately, medical Cannabis can help patients relax and diminish the stress and anxiety that can exacerbate Crohn’s Disease.
- Medical Cannabis reduces oxidative stress Several terpenes and cannabinoids are potent antioxidants that can help alleviate the genetic and cellular damage caused due to Leaky Gut and Crohn’s Disease.
- Medical Cannabis enhances mood while relieving depression: When medical Cannabis is used appropriately, it can enhance the mood and break the Crohn’s cycle. It also helps in balancing the gut microbiome.
- Medical Cannabis improves appetite: As the Endocannabinoid system plays a crucial role in appetite, medical Cannabis might enhance the appetite in Crohn’s patients.
How do Crohn’s Disease patients use medical Cannabis?
The medical Cannabis used by the Crohn’s Disease patient is precise as recommended by the marijuana doctors. It is challenging to recommend the dosage just like that, as different strains produce varied results and include varying ingredients’ proportions.
So, the New York marijuana doctors make the exact dosage recommendation based on the health conditions requirement.
What consumption methods are used by Crohn’s Disease patients?
Different consumption methods have different impacts and benefits.
Vaping and smoking cannabis offers a fast onset time that addresses sudden onset symptoms like anxiety and nausea.
Edibles and oral capsules take longer to take full effect but deliver the cannabinoids directly into the intestines to address inflammation, enhance motility, help balance the gut biome, and diminish cramping.
To find out the ideal delivery method and dosage, a patient must discuss their condition with the medical marijuana doctor.
Schedule an appointment for an evaluation with a New York Marijuana Doctor
The Crohn’s Disease patients seeking an escape in medical marijuana treatment must obtain a medical marijuana card.
In the process of obtaining a New York marijuana card online, a patient has to go through the mandatory step of obtaining a medical marijuana recommendation that helps identify the appropriate dosage, patient’s requirements, and other essentials.
Schedule an appointment with a medical doctor to identify all the essentials.
Benefits of obtaining a medical marijuana card in New York
- Covers lower age requirements:
Medical Marijuana cards cover the lower age requirements. Generally, the card is available for patients 21 years or older, but an underage patient can also access the treatment with a card.
- Save on taxes:
Gone are the days to settle for the cheap strains. With a medical marijuana card, acquire high-quality marijuana products at pocket-friendly prices.
- A greater quantity of medical marijuana:
Get access to the greater quantity of medical marijuana as required to treat the health condition appropriately.
- Grow your own medicine:
Ample states allow the cultivation of medical Cannabis, so you can grow your own weed devoid of relying on anyone else.
A New York Medical marijuana card is like a green card helpful in acquiring the legal permissions to access the medical marijuana card and the other benefits that come along with it. Make sure you don’t settle for anything less than the best, as you are just a step away from acquiring it all.
Stay connected for more!