Apply for Your Virginia Medical Marijuana Card Online
Talk to a Virginia Medical Marijuana Doctor via Video Call and Get Your authorization for Medical Cannabis in Virginia or Receive 100% Money-back Guaranteed, if not approved.
Complete Your Online Medical Marijuana Evaluation by Sign-up Today.
Find Us On
Find Us on
What is a Medical Marijuana Card?
A Medical Marijuana Card is a recommendation sanctioned to a patient in accordance with a medical condition by a state-licensed medical marijuana doctor so that they can consume marijuana to treat their ailments.
A person can possess up to 10mg of THC in the form of capsules, sprays, tinctures, lozenges, creams, gels, patches, edibles, and inhalation devices as many times a day as prescribed by a certified physician or medical assistant.
Medical Marijuana is a plant-based medicine, used to treat ample medical conditions. Medical cannabis is generally prescribed by certified Medical Health Professionals to treat and relieve the symptoms of a medical condition. As the recreational use of Medical Cannabis is legal, and researchers have stated the several health benefits from the consumption of Medical Marijuana, the demand for it is increasing.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) being the primary constituent of a medical cannabis plant, can make an individual high by augmenting the heart rate and is responsible for triggering the mind cells. It discharges a considerable quantity of dopamine which further helps in reducing pain, muscle control difficulties, and swelling. Another chief constituent of medical cannabis is Cannabidiol (CBD) that aids in lessening cancer-related symptoms reduces anxiety and depression. There are several health benefits offered by the intake of Medical Marijuana.
How to Apply for a
Medical Marijuana Card in Virginia
Obtaining a Medical Marijuana Card in Virginia is easy and involves a few steps. An individual can easily apply online for a valid MMID Card. My MMJ Doctor is one such stop that facilitates the individuals with an easy procedure of acquiring a valid MMID Card. A method of three steps is required to be followed to obtain the MMID Card from a certified Medical Health Professional.
Step: 1 Schedule an Appointment
Initiate the process by applying online. An individual is required to fill up a form that will register the individual for an appointment with a certified medical health professional. Enter the required details on the online form appropriately.
Step 2 Consult a Licensed Medical Health Professional
Connect with the certified doctors online via video conferencing and share your medical condition with them. After analyzing the medical condition of an individual, the medical health professional will decide for the approval or non-approval of an individual for acquiring an MMID Card.
Step 3 Receive your Medical Marijuana Card
Acquiring A Medical Marijuana Card in Virginia
- Certification from a registered medical marijuana doctor.
- Soft copy of an individual’s identity proof.
- Soft copy of the guardian’s identity proof.
- An easily accessible email account.
- A soft copy of an individual’s photograph.
Apply Here to Get Recommendation Now.
Benefits of Medical Marijuana
According to the research, Medical Marijuana’s active chemicals facilitate in following health conditions.
- Reduces anxiety
- Decrease inflammation
- Ease pain
- Manage nausea and sickness caused by cancer chemotherapy
- Kill cancer cells
- Slower down the tumor growth
- Relax tight muscles in people with MS
- Stimulate appetite
- Muscle Spasms
- Enhances weight gain in people with cancer and AIDS
Recent Marijuana News & Blogs
How To Get A Marijuana Growers License In California?Publish Date: May 1st, 2021; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.Grow your own Cannabis at home! Do you know what is a Medical Marijuana Growers License in California? And what value it adheres to? We are sure that you must...
The Best CBD Gummies: For Pain, Depression, and AnxietyPublish Date: April 15th, 2021; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.People often worry about cannabis consumption as the well-known cannabis consumption method is smoking. By listening to the name smoking, people usually...
How Can Senior Citizens Benefit From Marijuana Use?Publish Date: April 12th, 2021; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.As people get older, many develop some age-related medical conditions apart from some debilitating health conditions. The most common age-related medical...
State Laws for Medical Marijuana in Virginia
- A Medical Professional or a Physician must be registered with the Virginia Department of Health Professional and the Pharmacy Board, respectively.
- A Medical Health Professional must keep an updated registration with the Pharmacy Board.
- Patients must endow with state-issued identity proofs and a valid MMID card whenever asked.
- An individual must be a resident of Virginia, and the same must be provided.
- Individuals must register themselves after obtaining a recommendation from a certified Health Professional.
- The Virginia state government does not allow the consumption of Medical Marijuana in any form to all individuals.
- Individuals consuming Medical Cannabis devoid of any prescription from a certified Medical Health Professional are illegal and are subject to imprisonment.
- An individual must be 21 years or older to acquire Medical Marijuana.
- Cannabis is allowed to minors who are less than 21 years but only with the permission of their parents.
- A minor is permitted to have a caregiver who is acquiring Medical Marijuana.
- The doctor can modify the dosage of Medical Marijuana as much as required for reliving the symptoms.
- Driving after the consumption of cannabis is restricted.
- Consumption of cannabis in public areas is illegal.
- Consumption of cannabis is permissible in private property only, if the property owners haven’t banned the consumption.
- Only state-licensed dispensaries are allowed to sell cannabis products.
Registering as a Caregiver in Virginia
Registering as a caregiver in Virginia requires a different procedure. If an individual who is minor that is less than 21 years old, or some disabled adult is recommended to possess Medical Marijuana, in such a case the caregiver must be registered and must acquire a valid certificate issued by the legal authorities. The online application for the patient and the caregiver must be submitted in subsequent order.
The guardian or parent who is willing to be the caregiver must be living with the patient.
The request should be submitted by the guardian or parent residing with the patient.
The caregiver registration must be submitted to the board that has been awarded a written certification.
Each guardian or parent must receive the registration of the particular board.
Applications must be renewed annually.
Why do I need a Virginia Medical Marijuana Card?
With a valid Virginia medical marijuana card, an individual is allowed to:
- Purchase Medical Marijuana from state dispensaries
- Acquire Medical Marijuana
- Consume Medical Marijuana in permitted places
Can my doctor make a recommendation for me?
A registered Medical Professional who is also registered in the State Medical Board is allowed to prescribe medical cannabis for treating any symptom in the patient.
How will patients get medical cannabis products?
After acquiring the Medical Marijuana recommendation from a certified medical health professional, the patient is allowed to purchase medical cannabis from a state-licensed dispensary. Only registered providers to the Pharmacy board are permitted to dispense Medical Cannabis to the patients after verifying the recommendation from a certified Medical Professional.
What documentation is required to register as a patient?
- Completed Certification from a registered practitioner.
- Patient’s Residential Proof
- Patient’s Identity Proof
- Patient’s Guardian/Parents Proof
If my registry identification card expired and I didn’t submit my renewal application before the deadline, am I still eligible to purchase medical marijuana?
As per the Virginia Medical Act, when the valid card expires, and the individual didn’t submit the renewal application before the deadline, in such a case the individual is not allowed to purchase Medical Marijuana. In this situation, the individual requires to apply for the renewal first.
How do I get a Virginia Medical Marijuana Card?
To acquire the medical marijuana card in Virginia, an individual must be diagnosed by a licensed Virginia Medical Professional, with a medical condition that the physician deems can benefit from medical marijuana treatment.
How much medical marijuana can be purchased from the dispensary?
As per the Virginia State Laws, Patients may acquire up to a 90-day supply per visit at the dispensary.
Is my personal information kept confidential?
Keeping the patient’s privacy safe and secured is the topmost priority. All the patient information is stored safely and securely in our HIPAA file repository. Your information will not be disclosed with any third party.
Are caregivers allowed?
Caregivers are allowed only for minors or disable adults. A caregiver can apply for the registration in the board and must live with the patient.
What’s the current law in Virginia regarding cannabis containing products?
In Virginia, as per the state law, the medical use of cannabinoid oils with a valid certification from a certified doctor is allowed. These oils are only accessible from certified Pharmaceutical Processors after the verification of the MMID Card. Only CBD Oil is permitted for medical usage in Virginia.
Are patients allowed to grow their own Medical Marijuana at home?
As per the Virginia State laws, an individual is not allowed to cultivate Medical Cannabis on the private land. Only state-approved farmers are permitted to grow Medical Cannabis on the land provided by the State Government.