What is a Marijuana Card?
A Medical Marijuana card is a state-identification card that allows a person to have legal access to consume, possess, and cultivate medical marijuana with a legitimate doctor’s recommendation. The state authorities issue a medical marijuana card after approving the patient’s debilitating health condition.
All About Medical Marijuana in Arkansas!!
Medical Marijuana is a plant whose herbal properties and constituents have made it safer than other prescription medications. Arkansas has identified the health benefits of medical marijuana and has legalized the use of medical marijuana within the state boundaries with a few confinements. Medical Marijuana has been legalized in Arkansas since November 2016, when measure issue 6 got 53 percent approval for ailing patients who have prescribed drugs for treating chronic pains. Since then, Arkansas has added amendments of dozens of health conditions to the list of qualifying health conditions.
Any other health condition approved by the Arkansas Department of health is also included in the list of qualifying conditions. Issue 6 also endows with a scheme for the qualifying patients to possess, cultivate, and distribute medical marijuana with a written recommendation from a medical doctor. Apart from this, like many other US regions, a checkbox placed by the land of opportunity in the November 2020 election ballot seeking an opinion from citizens to vote concerning the Recreational use of medical marijuana.
Arkansas Medical Marijuana Laws
Arkansas has decriminalized the use of medical marijuana with some confinements. It is essential to follow the state legislature’s incarcerations for the possession and consumption of medical marijuana within the state boundaries.
Cultivation and Possession Confinements in Arkansas
- Patients diagnosed with a qualifying health condition are permitted to acquire up to 2.5 ounces of medical marijuana every two weeks.
- Medical marijuana must be purchased from a state-authorized dispensary only mentioned in the list under the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act.
- A registered caregiver can also possess up to 2.5 ounces of medical marijuana for the patient.
- Caregivers cannot consume the medical marijuana prescribed for the patient only.
Licensed Non-profitable Cannabis Care Centers can only distribute medical marijuana to patients.
- Patients who qualify for a hardship cultivation certificate may grow up to 10 plants.
- Cultivation of medical cannabis at home is not allowed.
- It is against the law to cultivate marijuana for recreational research or medical reasons.
- As per the 2017 House Bill 1778, the Arkansas State General Assembly developed a study program to see the sights of Cannabis production and its economic and environmental potential.
- The Act enables State Pat Board to allow growers to get a 10-year study program of industrial cannabis.
Get Your Marijuana Card
Sign up with My MMJ Doctor:
Initiate the process of applying online for a Medical Marijuana Card with My MMJ Doctor by entering the basic information and medical requirement for medical marijuana. Don’t forget to mention what makes you believe that medical marijuana will help treat the health condition.
Consult with the Medical Doctor:
Consult with state-licensed medical doctors to evaluate your medical ailments. The whole session takes 15-20 minutes hardly. Feel free to ask any questions concerning medical marijuana and the risk factors involved with its consumption.
Register with the Arkansas:
Register with the Arkansas Department of Health: Once getting approval from the medical doctor with the debilitating health condition, register yourself as a patient with the Arkansas Department of Health. The registration fee for registering as a patient is $50 only.
Receive your Medical Marijuana Card
Receive your Medical Marijuana Card: Once done with the whole process, it’s time to wait for the medical marijuana card. You will get your Medical Marijuana Card within 14 days. So, don’t think of heading to the state dispensaries immediately.
Want a Medical Marijuana Card in Arkansas?
Make sure you are ready with the following essential documents:
- Arkansas Residential proof
- Identity proof
- A working email address
- A colored and clear passport size photograph
With these essential documents, a person must go through the process of acquiring a Medical Marijuana Card.
My experience with the whole team from start to finish was wonderful. They were all professional, friendly and efficient. Thank you
The staff was very helpful and nice. Made my visit very easy going I would recommend others to this location
Very professional, with friendly and knowledgeable staff. I got my appointment in no time flat by scheduling online, and they’re open late and on weekends. Highly recommended!