What is a Marijuana Card?
A Medical Marijuana Card is a state identification, which gives the legal rights to possess and consume Marijuana in Michigan. A valid MMJ Card provides the following benefits to people seeking health benefits from Medical Marijuana Consumption.
- Legal Protections: A valid Medical Cannabis is easy for the patient to exhibit to law enforcement. A valid card states that the person is registered with Michigan Medical Marijuana Program, and therefore, the patient can consume and possess Medical Weed products.
- Michigan Medical Marijuana Dispensary access: With valid Medical Marijuana, you will access all the state-licensed Medical dispensaries in Michigan.
- Low Taxes: Pay lower taxes with a valid Medical Marijuana Card.
- Access to a greater quantity of Medical Marijuana: Obtain a MMJ Card and get access to a more significant amount of Medical Marijuana in Michigan.
All About Medical Marijuana in Michigan!
Medical Marijuana Card Michigan Laws
The Michigan Marijuana Act and Rules are responsible for providing the legislation for state medical marijuana programs. The Michigan legislature has taken some bold steps to punish the people conducting misbehavior or found guilty for breaking the rules. Here’s all you need to know about Marijuana laws in Michigan.
Medical Marijuana Possession Laws Michigan
In Michigan, you can possess the following amounts with a valid MMJ Card:
- Up to 2.5 oz. of cannabis outside of the home
- Up to 10 oz. inside the home
- Up to 15 grams of concentrates.
Michigan Medical Marijuana Cultivation Laws
Michigan Medical Marijuana Caregiver Laws
How Do I Get A Medical Marijuana Card In Michigan?
Receive Your Recommendation:
Register as a patient with Michigan Medical Marijuana Program (MMMP):
Documents Required for applying For A Medical Marijuana Card:
To get a Medical Marijuana ID Card, a patient requires submitting a few documents to MMMP to get the legal right for consumption and possession of Medical Marijuana Michigan. Are you thinking of applying for a Medical Marijuana Card? Make sure you are ready with the following documents.
- State ID Card
- Proof of residency
- A signed recommendation from a Licensed Medical Doctor
Acceptable ID Forms
Acceptable Forms Of Residential Proofs:
Essential to note!
- Out-of-state ID is not acceptable.
- Bona-fide relationship means that the Medical Doctor must maintain Medical records and provide follow-up care.
Punishment For Violating Medical Marijuana Laws
- The possession of any amount of Marijuana without a valid Michigan Medical Marijuana Card is an offense in Michigan with up to 1-year imprisonment or a fine of up to $2000.
- Consuming Medical Marijuana in a park can bring up to 2 years in prison or maybe considered misconduct.
- Use of marijuana can bring imprisonment of up to 90 days or a $100 fine.
- Sale with no remuneration is also considered misconduct and brings analogous penalties as a possession. For compensation, and the imprisonment period could be up to 4 years and a $20,000 fine.
- Cultivation of fewer than 20 plants with no valid MMJ card carries with it a similar sentence.
- The cultivation of 200 plants or more will lead to 15 years in prison or a $10,000,000 fine. This is a significant jump from the seven-year imprisonment and a $500,000 fine between 20 and less than 200 plants.
How Do I Buy Medical Marijuana In Michigan?
To purchase Medical Marijuana in Michigan from state-licensed dispensaries, a patient requires a valid Medical Marijuana Card. A Medical Marijuana Card is a state-identification card that allows a patient to consume, possess or grow medical Marijuana in Michigan.
Who Can Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card?
An individual must be 18 years to apply for a Medical Marijuana Card in Michigan with valid state residential proof. However, a minor patient must appoint a caregiver to have access to Marijuana on the patient’s behalf. A caregiver must be 21 years or more and must be listed on the patient’s form. Also, a caregiver must not have any felonies concerning violence or drugs and must not have been convicted of I crime in the past ten years. A court-appointed legal guardian or Medical Durable Power of Attorney (MDPOA) with the power to sign documents and make medical decisions can apply on behalf of the applicant.
Can I Cultivate Marijuana In Michigan With A Valid Medical Marijuana Card?
Yes. Michigan legislature allows patients and caregivers to cultivate up to 12 cannabis plants.
How Much Does A Michigan Medical Marijuana Card Costs?
A Medical Marijuana Card obtained with My MMJ Doctor costs $129 only with a mandatory state registration fee of $40.
For How Much Time Does A Medical Marijuana Card Is Valid?
A Michigan Medical Marijuana Card is valid for one year from the date of issue, and the patient needs to renew the card before the expiration date.