Get Your Montana Medical Marijuana Card With My MMJ Doctor
★★★★★ – 537+ 5-star Reviews
Top MMJ Doctors
Secure Online Evaluations
100% Money Back Assured
24/7 Customer Assistance
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Montana?
Schedule an appointment with a licensed doctor
Speak with the doctor
Get your Montana Medical Marijuana Card
Must Know Marijuana Laws in Montana.
In 2004, the I-148, or Montana Medical Marijuana Allowance initiative, passed with nearly 62% approval. Lawmakers sought to repeal it in 2011, but Gov. Brian Schweitzer vetoed it.
Later that year, the state senate enacted Senate Bill 423. Until August 2016, the bill was challenged in court when the Supreme Court of Montana upheld most of the law’s provisions.
Three months later, voters approved the I-182 or Montana Medical Marijuana Initiative. The initiative amended SB 423 and removed many of its stricter requirements. The initiative also added chronic pain and PTSD ( Post-traumatic stress disorder) as qualifying medical conditions for medical marijuana approval in the state.
On November 3, 2020, Two complimentary ballot initiatives, I-90 and CI-118, were passed to legalize recreational cannabis in the state for adults 21 and over. It legalized the possession and use of 28 grams or an ounce of marijuana with no more than 8 grams in concentrate form for adults aged 21 and older. It also imposed a 20% sales tax on cannabis.
Qualifying Medical Conditions for Montana Medical Cannabis Card
The qualifying Medical conditions for medical marijuana in Montana are:
- Admittance into hospice
- Cachexia, or wasting syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Crohn’s disease
- Intractable nausea or vomiting
- Multiple sclerosis
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Documents Required for Getting a Medical Cannabis Card in Montana.
- A clear passport-size photograph:
- Proof of Montana residency
- A medical marijuana certification from a licensed physician.
- Minor applications require the approval of two physicians unless the minor’s treating physician or referral physician is an oncologist, neurologist, or epileptologist.
- Minor patients need a copy of the legal guardian’s ID
How Much Marijuana Can I Possess in Montana?
What Are The Cultivation Limits of Marijuana in Montana?
How To Become A Caregiver in Montana?
- You must be a Montana resident.
- You must submit fingerprints and background checks by the Montana Department of Justice and the FBI and agree not to divert marijuana to other persons.
- You may not be allowed to register as the caregiver if you have been convicted of a felony offense or any drug offense. You are still not allowed if you fail to pay student loans, child support, taxes, penalties, or judgments due to a government agency.
Benefits of a Medical Marijuana Card In Montana.
Lower age limit
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to live in Montana to become a medical cannabis patient?
Does Montana accept out-of-state medical marijuana cards?
How long is the Montana medical marijuana card valid?
Where can you buy medical cannabis in Montana?
Where can you consume medical cannabis in Montana?
How old must I be to apply for a Montana medical marijuana card?
How long does it take to get registered with the state?
What forms of marijuana available for patients in Montana?
Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana in Texas: 2023 Update.
Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana in Texas: 2023 Update.Table of Content Introduction Qualifying Medical Conditions List What Is An Incurable Neurodegenerative Disease? Some Of The Other Requirements For A Texas Medical Marijuana Card Are...
New York Medical Marijuana Qualifying Conditions
Qualifying Conditions List for New York Medical Marijuana Card in 2023.Table of Content Introduction Qualifying Medical Conditions List Some Other Requirements Of The New York Medical Marijuana Card Can A Minor Qualify For A New York Medical...
The Process To Legally Obtain A Medical Marijuana Card in Virginia
The Process To Legally Obtain A Medical Marijuana Card in VirginiaTable of Content Virginia's Medical Marijuana Card Statistics What Is The Need For A Medical Marijuana Card In Virginia? What Are The Various Qualifying Medical Conditions For A...