Get Your New York Medical Marijuana Card With My MMJ Doctor
A medical marijuana card provides a person with legal access to consume marijuana to treat their ailments.
Top MMJ Doctors
Secure Online Evaluations
100% Money Back Assured
24/7 Customer Assistance
How to Get a Medical Card in New York?
Sign-up and schedule your next appointment with a professional.
Get in Touch With The Professional via Video Conference.
Receive your New York Medical Marijuana Card via Mail.
After that, you need to register with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) and complete your application online with the state. They will evaluate your application request, and you’ll have to wait for your New York medical marijuana card to come in the mail for one to two weeks.
My MMJ Doctor is the Most Recommended Service for Online Medical Card in New York
What is a New York Medical Marijuana Card?
What Are The Requirements To Qualify For New York Medical Marijuana Card?
- Be a resident of the NY state during the time of the application with valid proof of residency
- The residency proof could be a state Id, driving license, or
- Need to have a debilitating medical condition.
- Have a signed physician certification (until you are a veteran receiving medical care at a VA facility).
- Must be aged at least 18.
Qualifying Conditions for New York Medical Cannabis Card
A person may be eligible for medical marijuana in New York if they have been diagnosed with at least one among the below-mentioned severe debilitating conditions:
New York Medical Marijuana Laws!
To get a certification as a medical marijuana patient in NY, a patient needs to qualify for any medical condition. To help overcome a medical disability, the physician should recommend a patient have cannabis treatment.
To know more about New York Medical Marijuana, Checkout;
Registering A Caregiver In New York
Firstly, a caregiver needs to prove his residency with valid Id proof or a Driver’s license. Along with that, a caregiver needs to be listed on the patient’s application to be approved. While a certified patient applies for a medical marijuana card, they may appoint up to two caregivers to help the patient obtain and administer medical marijuana.
To become a caregiver, an individual:
- Must be at least 21 years old,
- Must be a current citizen of New York State,
- Must not be a patient’s certifying physician.
- Must have a legitimate New York State-issued driver’s license or a New York State ID card;
- Must pay the $50 application fee,
Once the patient application is confirmed, each caregiver must sign up with the DOH to acquire a registered ID card that the caregiver can use to get marijuana on behalf of the patient.
A caregiver can follow the same registration instructions that are available for patients.
Each assigned caregiver must also fulfill the following requirements of a patient:
- They must get a registry ID card for each certified patient;
- A caregiver must not provide care to more than five accredited patients at a time;
- Must not possess at any one time an increasing quantity of medical cannabis that exceeds the amount allowed for each certified patient;
- A caregiver must not include any form of medical marijuana other than the forms that are specifically recommended for the use of certified patients,
- A caregiver is not supposed to share, sell, trade, or otherwise deliver medical cannabis to anyone who is not a registered patient.
New York Medical Marijuana Possession/Use Limits:
Patients or caregiver is qualified to possess only up to 2 ounces of cannabis in various forms in 30 days. The state has up to eight dispensaries that supply multi-level CBD and THC products like a tincture, vape pens, and powder.
New York Medical Marijuana Cultivation Limits
Facts Regarding Medical Marijuana New York
- New York restricted the use and possession of medical marijuana as they started requiring a prescription from those who are looking to acquire marijuana as per the Boylan Bill. This law continued till 1927. After that, the state displaced medical purposes and banned the use of cannabis.
- The decriminalization of marijuana started in mid-1977. As per the new bill, possessing 25 grams or less at a time may subject to an infringement of a $100 fine.
- In 2014, legislation permitted the use of cannabis for medical purposes when Governor Andrew Cuomo proposed a bill regarding the legalization of marijuana.
- Passed in 2016, as per Article 221 of New York State Penal Law, all parts of the Cannabis plant either cultivated or not, or the seeds of it, or the resin extracted from any portion of the marijuana plant, or any mixture, composite, production, salt, derivative, its roots, or polish, Stalks from the adult plant, grain, oil and cake prepared from it, cleaned seeds and compounds or preparations from them are not considered as cannabis.
- New York legislators struggled and failed to pass an adult-use legalization act during the 2018-2019 sessions. Governor Andrew Cuomo was in favor of legalizing the recreational use of marijuana to all, but due to some budget plans, the legalization measures were delayed.
- Patients must obtain a recommendation letter from a licensed Physician within the New York State.
- A recommendation is generally unacceptable if the diagnosis is written plus signature.
Benefits of an New York Medical Marijuana Card
A medical marijuana card is a direct key to accessing medical cannabis and getting effective treatment for various health concerns. Here are some outstanding merits of possessing a medical marijuana card in New York.
Individuals who purchase recreational marijuana, are obligated to pay a 13 percent tax. On the other hand, medical marijuana is subjected to 7 percent. Therefore, individuals can effectively consume medical cannabis without paying more taxes.
Available To Patients Under 21
In New York, the legal age for accessing recreational cannabis is 21. However, when an individual consumes medical marijuana, the age limit is reduced to 18. Therefore, with a medical marijuana card, patients under 21 can effectively possess, consume, and purchase medical cannabis.
Superior Cannabis-Infused Products
Speedy recovery begins when patients consume better products. With a medical marijuana card, patients can efficiently access high-end cannabis-infused products. Therefore, as a result, the recovery enhances, and health progresses.
Benefits Of Getting Medical Card From My MMJ Doctor
One Year Recommendation
Your medical marijuana card recommendation in New York is valid for one year after getting approved.
100% Secure Services
We provide reliable and private services to our customers, as your data is always kept confidential as per HIPAA.
We are available 24 hours to verify your medical marijuana card. You can contact us through live chats and calls.
Easy Online Process
The online process to acquire a medical marijuana card is very smooth and quick as you only need to fill out the form, and you will receive your approval from the physicians by the same day.
Easy Approval in Just 24 Hours
After getting approval from a licensed professional, you will get your MMJ Letter by email in digital format within 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Get A NY State License Renewal?
What Is The Cost Of A New York Medical Marijuana Card?
Can A Person Grow Medical Marijuana With An MMJ Card In NY?
Can I Use Other State Medical Marijuana Card In New York State?
Is Marijuana Legal In New York?
What Types Of Cannabis Can I Purchase From The Medical Marijuana Dispensary In New York?
- Vaporizer products
You are not allowed to buy edibles from a licensed dispensary and also can’t smoke cannabis flowers.
How Much Quantity Of Cannabis Can I Buy & Possess In New York?
What Are The Penalties For Possessing Marijuana Without A New York Medical Cannabis Card?
What Should I Do After Receiving A Certification From My Registered Practitioner in New York?
Do I Need To Pay To Register As A Patient Or As A Caregiver In New York?
Can A Patient Still Register If A Physician Will Not Provide A Certification in NY State?
Do A Caregiver Also Receive Temporary Registry ID Cards in New York?
Does Possessing A Temporary Registry ID Card Limit The Number Of Products That I Can Purchase From New York Dispensaries?
New York Approved Medical Marijuana Home Grow for Cannabis Patients and CaregiversTable of Content Summary The New York State Cannabis Control Board issued regulations on Tuesday to regulate home grow rules for medical cannabis patients and...
Is weed legal in New York? Cannabis Legalization Guide - 2022Written By Garry StewartTable of Content Introduction Legality Safe To Consume Possession Limit Registry Qualifying Conditions How To Get Caregiver Reciprocity Weed is legal for both...
New York May Displace California as Cannabis Capital of the WorldWritten By Garry StewartTable of Content Introduction Is Weed Legal in New York What does it Conclude? Proposition 64 has passed the adult-use legalization framework of Medical...
Areas we Cover in New York
Medical Marijuana Card Doctors New York
Monday 9AM – 10PM
Tuesday 9AM – 10PM