Get Your Puerto Rico Medical Marijuana Card With My MMJ Doctor
Top MMJ Doctors
Secure Online Evaluations
100% Money Back Assured
24/7 Customer Assistance
How to Get a Medical Card in Puerto Rico?
Sign-up and schedule your next appointment with a professional.
Get in Touch With The Professional via Video Conference.
Receive Your Puerto Rico Medical Marijuana Card
After the doctor approves, Register with State, fill-up the required documents, and “Submit”. Nowadays, it is easy to submit all forms at the official MCRB Portal. You’ll have to submit residential proof, State I.D., and other info mentioned in the application.
My MMJ Doctor is the Most Recommended Service for Online Medical Card in Puerto Rico
What is a Puerto Rico Medical Marijuana Card?
Qualifying Conditions for Puerto Rico Medical Cannabis Card
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cancer and Cancer Chemotherapy Treatment
- Chronic Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle spasms
- Peripheral Neuropathies
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD)
- Severe nausea
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Terminal Illness
History of Marijuana in Puerto Rico
As per Puerto Rico’s Legislation, there was a complete ban of possession, distribution, and cultivation Since 1932. This ban was removed in 2015, when the Governor of Puerto Rico, Alejandro J. García Padilla, signed an Executive Order OE-2015-010 plants to treat ailments afflicting the Puerto Rican population.
Puerto Rico is one among a few territories that have legalized the medical use of marijuana. Since 2015, as per the signed enactment, only those experiencing several debilitating medical conditions like HIV/AIDS, Cancer, etc., are allowed to use marijuana. Possessing, distributing, and cultivation of marijuana for recreational purposes is still a criminal offense.
In mid-2017, Alejandro Padilla passed Act 42-2017 which is termed “The Medicinal Act“. The Act succeeded in the governing order creating a legit framework for MMJ in Puerto Rico. The Medicinal Act proffered protection for MMJ Patients and ordinances for dispensaries and those involved in the marijuana business. After this Act, many state-licensed dispensaries became operational.
What Marijuana Products can I purchase from Dispensaries in Puerto Rico?
- Cannabis Concentrates.
- Oil or Edibles.
- Oral drops or inhalers.
- Ointments and Creams.
- Transdermal patches.
- Flower or concentrate Vapors.
- Any other means that the DoH Permits.
- In Puerto Rico, Every recommendation made needs to be certified by lawyers who act as legal notaries.
- Once you have passed the whole process, you’ll enter into a database created by the Island’s DOH to find your nearest storefront dispensary where you can make all of your cannabis purchases.
- The Government of the Puerto Rico is taking steps that have improvised process over time. Now, If you are a visitor on the island, you too can buy marijuana from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- After getting a medical marijuana card in Puerto Rico, you must select one dispensary where you will shop for marijuana later.
- Using Marijuana for Recreational purposes is an illegal activity. Possession or distribution of cannabis without recommendation can result in a sentence of 5 to 20 years. Along with that, the State also imposes a fine of $ 5000 to $ 20000.
- Once you submit the document to MCRB, they will review it. After approval, they will send a sealed package to your doorstep via mail. This process usually takes 4-6 weeks. If you do not receive the package within two months of your submission, you will have to visit MCRB.
- Even if it for Medical use, you can only possess it privately at your home and not outdoors.
- Puerto Rico allows children under 21 to consume cannabis.
Benefits of an Puerto Rico Medical Marijuana Card
Following are the benefits of obtaining a Puerto Rico medical marijuana card:
Puerto Rico does not authorize recreational cannabis. With a medical marijuana card, residents can effectively consume cannabis without being questioned by law.
Individuals can ideally obtain top-notch medical cannabis-infused products at medical dispensaries. The card allows individuals to lay their hands on the best products. Therefore, the recovery process gains momentum.
Easy to access dispensaries
Individuals who do not possess medical cannabis cards cannot access medical dispensaries in Puerto Rico. Hence, getting a card for purchasing medical marijuana and related products from legitimate medical dispensaries is highly mandatory.
HIPAA Compliant Evaluations
Online Assistance – 24/7
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Marijuana Can I Purchase and Occupy in Puerto Rico?
Can I Smoke Marijuana in Public Place in Puerto Rico?
Can I Grow Cannabis in Puerto Rico?
Can I Assign a Caregiver for Myself in Puerto Rico?
What Is the Age Limit to Legally Access PR Medical Marijuana?
Where Can I Purchase Marijuana in Puerto Rico for My Treatment?
I've a Medical Card from my Home State, I'm Just a Visitor Here, will it work in Puerto Rico?
Is Weed Legal in Puerto Rico?
Is Weed Legal in Puerto Rico? Cannabis Legalization Guide (Updated - 2023)Table of Content Introduction Legalization Where is it Safe to Consume? Consumption Guide Possession Medical Marijuana Registry Qualifying Conditions Application Process...