Get Your Texas (TX) Medical Marijuana Card With My MMJ Doctor
Getting a Texas Medical Marijuana card is now effortless. Consult with medical marijuana doctors in TX and fetch your recommendation to have legal access to medical marijuana.
Sign-up and apply online to reserve your appointment right now!
Top MMJ Doctors
Secure Online Evaluations
100% Money Back Assured
24/7 Customer Assistance
How to Get a Medical Card in Texas?
Sign-up and Schedule Your Next Appointment With a Professional MMJ Doctor
Get in Touch With The Professional via Video Conference.
Get Approved For Your Texas Medical Marijuana Card
As your final step, you will be registered with CURT (Compassionate Use Registry of Texas) by your appointed doctor. The state will process your application and you will be able to receive your prescription from medical marijuana dispensaries thereafter.
My MMJ Doctor is the Most Recommended Service for Online Medical Card in Texas
What is a Texas Medical Marijuana Card?
Medical marijuana can be used in numerous ways to treat mental and physical health conditions. But it is illegal to buy without a prescription or for recreational purposes. Similarly, in Texas, you must have a prescription from a physician that is registered in the Compassionate Use Program or CURT.
You can use this prescription as your prevention from any legal penalties.
Marijuana Legislation in Texas
- 2015 – Governor Greg Abbott signed Senate Bill 339 – the Texas Compassionate Use Act – to allow the use of low-THC cannabis oil (less than 0.5% THC) for the treatment of epilepsy.
- 2019 – House Bill 1325 was signed into law by Governor Abbott to legalize the cultivation of industrial hemp (cannabis containing less than 0.3% THC). It also legalized the possession and sale of hemp-derived CBD products without the need for a doctor’s approval.
- 2019 – Previously limited to epilepsy only, the bill added terminal cancer, autism, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), seizure disorders, and incurable neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s Disease.
- 2020 – Texas regulators issued a ban on the manufacture, processing, distribution, and sale of hemp for smoking purposes only.
- 2021 – HB 1535 was signed into law to raise the THC limit from 0.5% to 1% and expand coverage to include all forms of cancer and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), effective September 1.
Qualifying Conditions for Texas Medical Cannabis Card
Under the Texas law in 2021, the following conditions may qualify you for a medical marijuana card in Texas:
- A seizure disorder
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- An incurable neurodegenerative disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Terminal cancer
Apart from this, any condition that is approved by the Health and Human Services Commission or legislation that can be considered qualified by the state will be updated here timely.
Texas Marijuana Laws
Recreational and adult use of marijuana in Texas is still illegal since 1931. Regardless, Medical cannabis is legal in Texas in very limited circumstances. Through the Texas Compassionate Use Program, people in Texas with a variety of conditions can access cannabis oil with less than 1% THC by weight. Smoking any kind of marijuana is also illegal. Additionally, the allowable THC content in medical cannabis products used to be set at 0.5% and is now being increased to a more potent 5% by no later than December 1, 2021.
Possession and Cultivation
- Possession of up to 2 ounces of marijuana is a Class B misdemeanor and is punishable by up to 180 days in jail and a $2,000 fine.
- Possession of 2 – 4 ounces of marijuana is a Class A misdemeanor that results in a fine of up to $4,000 and a year in county jail.
- Possession of any amount more than 4 ounces is a felony charge.
Cultivation is illegal and severely punishable by individuals or organizations of any kind.
Necessary Things for Registration with the State
- Residential Proof – You must be a permanent resident of Texas so any form of residential proof can suffice.
- Photo proof – This shows that you are under the governmental registration and identification requirements.
- Medical Records – Recommendation from the doctor and any record to verify your diagnosis. When you complete the final step with us, you will receive a downloadable document of recommendation from the doctor to your mail address.
Becoming a Caregiver in Texas
- Caregiver’s ID proof
- Patient’s Name and Prescription
- Social Security Number
Medical Marijuana Reciprocity in Texas.
Does Texas accept out-of-state medical marijuana cards? Well the answer is no, you must be a permanent resident of Texas and only patients registered on the CURT program are eligible for purchasing Medical Marijuana. Click here to know more about Medical Marijuana Reciprocity in Texas.
Benefits of Texas Medical Marijuana Card
No Age Limit
There is no age restriction when it comes to the use of medical marijuana in the state of Texas. But you need to have a recommendation registered in the CURT program by a licensed medical health practitioner.
Laws and regulations on the possession and cultivation of marijuana or cannabis are uncompromising in Texas. Texans who are qualified for the possession of medical marijuana are secured under the law although with restrictions on the dosage(THC).
Medical conditions that are severe enough to treat can be helped with medical marijuana. According to your diagnostic doctor’s recommendation, intaking marijuana to treat the symptoms or effects of a disease can give better results. People with disorders that are mind-numbing can effectively use this card to relieve their suffering, and eventually, cure swiftly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does The Medical Marijuana Card Cost In Texas?
What Is CURT In Texas?
Can I Apply Without Medical Proof In Texas?
How Do I Access My Texas Medical Marijuana Card?
Where Should I Apply To Become A Caregiver In Texas?
Can I Purchase My Marijuana Prescription Online?
What Will The Doctor Ask Me During The Evaluation?
Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana in Texas: 2023 Update.
Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana in Texas: 2023 Update.Table of Content Introduction Qualifying Medical Conditions List What Is An Incurable Neurodegenerative Disease? Some Of The Other Requirements For A Texas Medical Marijuana Card Are...
Medical Marijuana Reciprocity in Texas
Table of Content Introduction Medical Marijuana Reciprocity in Texas Texas Medical Marijuana Card Qualifying Conditions Process Is weed legal in Texas? Penalties for possession and cultivation Can my MMJ card expire? Texas has rigid regulations...
What are Medical Marijuana Laws in Texas?
What are Medical Marijuana Laws in Texas? (Updated Laws- 2023)Table of Content Introduction Texas Medical Marijuana Laws Possession and Penalties Cultivation Laws Taxation Caregiving Reciprocity Driving and Public Intake Employment Discrimination...
Areas we Cover in Texas