The Process To Legally Obtain Medical Marijuana Card in Maryland
Publish Date: June 1st, 2021; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.
Medical Marijuana Cards have become a blessing with the increase in unleashing health benefits of medical marijuana. But talking about obtaining a Medical Marijuana Card in Maryland gives a headache as the manual methods are intricate and time-consuming.
But you will be astonished to know that with understanding the complexity of acquiring MMJ card Maryland, several legitimate service providers have taken the whole process online. That means now you can obtain a Maryland medical marijuana card online. Isn’t it fantastic? Indeed it is. Let us get familiar with the process of getting a Medical Marijuana Card in Maryland.
Who is eligible for registering as a patient?
A Maryland state resident suffering from a debilitating health condition can access medical marijuana treatment after obtaining a recommendation from a state-licensed medical doctor. After receiving the recommendation, the patient must register with Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC).
MMCC is the regulative authority that is responsible for scrutinizing the patient applications and approvals, management, licensing, registration, and testing measures associated with Maryland’s Medical Cannabis Program.
Registering as a Patient
Before registering as an adult patient in Maryland, ensure that you are ready with the following:
- A valid and accessible email address
- Last four digits of the social security number
- Maryland residential proof
- An electronic copy of a valid government-issued ID card
Accepted forms of Identification Card
- Drivers license
- State issued photo ID card
- US passport
- Military ID card both front and back
Acquiring a Maryland Medical Marijuana Card with My MMJ Doctor
Step 1 : Apply Online
Begin the process of acquiring a Medical Marijuana Card in Maryland by filling up an online evaluation form with accurate patient and medical details.
Step 2 : Get evaluated by a state-licensed Marijuana Doctor
Connect with state-licensed Medical Marijuana doctors for further evaluation. Share the need for having access to Medical Marijuana treatment. If the health condition requires marijuana treatment, you will get the approval.
Step 3 : Registering as a patient with MMCC
Once the doctor approves the condition and the recommendation is obtained from the Medical Doctor, register yourself as a patient with MMCC Maryland with a mandatory fee of $50
- For Adult Patients: A patient of age 18 or more lies under an adult patient’s category. To register as a patient with MMCC, an individual must prepare themselves with all the essential documents.
- Minor Patients: Minor patients are only permitted to obtain Medical Cannabis if they have at least one caregiver all the time. In the case of minors, only parents and local guardians are allowed to serve as a caregiver with a minimum of 21 years of age or older. However, a caregiver must register with the Commission before registering the minor patient.
Step 4 : Receive your Maryland Medical Marijuana Card
Receive your Medical Marijuana card at your doorstep once you’re done with the registration process. Receive your card on your working email id and print it for further use.
Registration Steps for adult patients:
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Launch the MMCC registry portal on your web browser.
- Click on “Create Account” under the patient’s heading.
- Now, Verify your email address.
- Once you have completed and submitted an online application form for registering as a patient, the MMCC will send an account verification link to your linked email address.
- Now, You must click the link in the verification email to verify your account.
- The application process will not complete if the user fails to perform this step.
- The MMCC will then scrutinize the submitted applications.
- You will also receive a follow-up email advising whether your application is approved or not.
- Make sure you retain the approval email for records containing your user name and your MMCC patient ID number required by your medical doctor t issue your written certification for medical cannabis.
- You may also designate a caregiver once your application is approved with MMCC, but due to some disability, you cannot access Medical Marijuana. A caregiver needs to be registered with MMCC before being designated by a patient.
- After receiving the approval, you must visit the licensed medical doctor to obtain a valid certification.
- Once thoroughly done with the whole procedure, print your MMCC patient ID card and get legal access to purchase Medical Marijuana from state-licensed dispensaries.
Obtaining a Maryland Marijuana Card is complex but acquiring one with My MMJ Doctor is trouble-free and quick. Apply for a Card from the comfort of your couch and receive your medical card at your doorstep.