Table of Content
The liver is a crucial body organ for over 500 vital functions, including metabolism, immunity, digestion, and detoxification. It comprises around 2% of an adult’s body weight. Therefore liver damage caused by Cirrhosis poses a severe threat to overall health. It may increase the mortality rate.
Cirrhosis is a chronic liver disease characterized by progressive and irreversible scarring (fibrosis) of the liver tissue. It is often caused by many liver diseases, such as hepatitis or chronic alcoholism.
Some treatment options are available to treat Cirrhosis, but today we are here to find a natural way to treat Cirrhosis. We will find out whether medical marijuana can treat Cirrhosis. So without wasting time, let’s find out in more detail.
What are The Symptoms of Cirrhosis?
Here are some of the significant symptoms of Cirrhosis:
- Swelling of your legs, ankles, and feet (edema)
- Fatigue and weakness:
- Loss of appetite and weight loss:
- Jaundice: yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes
- Abdominal swelling and pain
- Easy bruising and bleeding:
- Itchy skin
- Spider veins and skin changes
- Increased bruising and bleeding
It’s important to note that symptoms’ severity can vary from person to person. Some may experience only a few symptoms, while others may experience multiple symptoms concurrently.
What Research Says About Medical Marijuana And The Cirrhosis?
The use of medical marijuana or cannabis for Cirrhosis is a topic that has gained much attention and interest. However, research on the effects of medical marijuana on Cirrhosis is limited. There is some evidence suggesting potential benefits.
Marijuana comes with natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory powers that could ease liver pain. The primary active compounds in marijuana, i.e., cannabinoids or CBD, can treat some of the symptoms of Cirrhosis.
In clinical studies, the non-psychotropic effects of CBD exhibit antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and hepatoprotective effects.
In the FDA trials for Epidiolex, a high-dose CBD, there was a concern for elevated liver enzymes, which indicated liver injury.
Can Cirrhosis Cause Mental Illness?
Yes, Cirrhosis can potentially cause or contribute to the development of mental illness. A Cirrhosis-effective liver can’t clear toxins from the blood, which can build up in the brain and cause Hepatic Encephalopathy(HE).
Hepatic Encephalopathy can lead to psychiatric symptoms such as confusion, personality changes, mood swings, memory problems, and disorientation.
What Are The Ways by Which Medical Marijuana Could Help With Cirrhosis?
Medical marijuana may not fully treat Cirrhosis but can help alleviate some symptoms. Marijuana helps you to ease the symptoms of Cirrhosis in specific ways listed below:
- Pain management: Cirrhosis can cause abdominal and chronic pain. Medical marijuana has been scientifically proven to alleviate chronic pain in various conditions, including Cirrhosis.
- Appetite stimulation: Cirrhosis can lead to a loss of appetite. Medical marijuana has been associated with increased appetite in certain situations, which might help you to control appetite stimulation.
- Weight management: Cirrhosis can promote weight loss. Medical marijuana has been proven to manage weight loss, which might help your body struggling with poor nutrition.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Cirrhosis involves inflammation and scarring of the liver. Marijuana’s anti-inflammatory properties can potentially be beneficial in reducing liver inflammation in Cirrhosis.
- Nausea and vomiting: Cirrhosis can be associated with nausea and vomiting. Medical marijuana, mainly THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), has effectively reduced nausea and vomiting in many medical conditions, including Cirrhosis.
How To Use Medical Marijuana Effectively To Treat Symptoms Of Cirrhosis?
With some consideration, you can use medical marijuana effectively. Here are those considerations that will help you use medical marijuana safely and maximize its potential benefits:
- Consultation with a Licensed Healthcare Professional: Before using medical marijuana, it is crucial to consult with a licensed healthcare professional who possesses expertise in medical marijuana.
- Choose the Right Strain: There are various strains of marijuana available in the dispensaries, but each comes with different levels of THC and CBD. Choose marijuana strains that fit your body and health conditions.
- Start with low dosages: If you are new to medical marijuana treatment, starting with a low dosage and slowly increasing it as needed is recommended. This allows your body to make a habit of medical marijuana.
- Consider different consumption methods: Medical marijuana can be consumed through various methods, such as smoking, vaporizing, or edibles. Consult with your doctor to choose a consumption method that suits your health.
- Monitor and Adjust: Keep track of your experiences with different strains, dosages, and consumption methods. Note the effects, and adjust your treatment plan according to the experiences.
- Keep in touch with your doctor: Medical marijuana is a sensitive treatment, so always be in touch with your doctor. If found anything serious related to the health, contact them immediately.
The Best Cannabis Strains For Cirrhosis!
People who have Cirrhosis contain more CB1 receptors than average in their liver. Medical marijuana is an excellent form of natural therapy to prevent it. If you want to try cannabis for Cirrhosis, here are the best-recommended cannabis strains:
Blue Dream contains high levels of THC that can relax both body and mind, easing patients of liver disease both physically and mentally. Blue Dream is an excellent choice for alleviating pain, depression, anxiety, and headaches.
OG Kush is known as one of the best strains for mental disorders, which makes this a recommended strain for cirrhosis patients suffering from depression and anxiety. This strain also treats pain, gastrointestinal disorders, and many more.
Harlequin is known for treating neuropathic and inflammatory pain associated with Cirrhosis. Because of its low THC content, Harlequin is great for daytime medication. Its mild-mannered properties make it an excellent choice for marijuana beginners.
Mother of Berries
Mother of Berries is great for cirrhosis patients who need help getting a good night’s rest. Cirrhosis makes patient challenging to fall asleep or even stay asleep. Mother of Berries strain will give you a good buzz while medicating liver conditions.
A potent analgesic strain, ideal for Cirrhosis patients or any other condition that causes severe pain. It is a powerful marijuana strain, particularly for knocking out pain. Tangerine dream can make you high. Its euphoric and uplifting properties will help you unwind while alleviating pain.
Talk to My MMJ Doctor About Medical Marijuana and its Uses!
My MMJ Doctor offers online medical marijuana evaluations from licensed healthcare professionals. Our healthcare professional is board certified and has years of experience treating medical conditions with cannabis.
Our online process is secure, providing a safe way to apply for a medical marijuana card. In addition to the security, we also offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee if our doctors do not approve your application.
The medical information provided here should not be considered medical advice, and it’s always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional or My MMJ Doctor for the best medical advice.
Our Simple 3 Step Process For Medical Marijuana Card
1. Fill up your details in an easy 420 Evaluations form.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local MMJ doctor After Online Submission.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Recommendation In Your Email.
Looking To Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card?
CBD Oil for Hair Growth: A Comprehensive Guide!Table of Content Introduction Does CBD Help Prevent Hair Loss? How CBD Can Help Regrow Your Hair? Reasons To Use CBD For Hair Loss! How To Use CBD For Hair Loss? Can Stress Lead To Hair Fall? If Yes,...
Exploring the Intersection: Can You Mix Melatonin and Weed?Table of Content Introduction Can You Mix Cannabis & Melatonin? Potential Benefits of Using Melatonin and Marijuana Potential Side Effects Of Combining Marijuana And Melatonin! Factors to...
Neurological Healing: How Cannabis Helps in Treating Brain Damage?Table of Content Introduction What Is TBI and Its Symptoms? Best Marijuana Strains For TBI Can We Use Marijuana for Minor TBI Patients? Is There Any Side Effect of Using Cannabis For...