Top Cannabis Strains That Encourage Weight Loss
Publish Date: March 25th, 2021; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.
Obesity is a topic that people mainly discuss, and they usually seek an answer to it, but many fail to get the solution to it. Obesity is a most common health issue that can give rise to several other health issues. It has been the primary concern of the majority of the population. The most common reason for obesity is lack of physical activities that are combined with over-eating.
People seek solutions online to deal with health issues. But have you ever thought that what can be the reason behind it? How can you deal with it? Let us dive into the topic to get a reliable solution to it.
Causes of obesity!
Though most of the population is suffering from obesity, people are still unaware of the causes of obesity. They kept on searching for the reasons but couldn’t find the appropriate one. But have you ever thought that the reasons for obesity could be several? A few most common factors that can be the reason for obesity include:
- Genetics: A person is more likely to get obese if their parents are obese.
- Lack of sleep: Lack of sleep can affect a person in many ways. One of the most common results of it is obesity. Research has also suggested a possible relationship between obesity and lack of sleep.
- Lack of physical activities: Obesity is the result of a lack of physical activities. A person is likely to get obese if the person’s calorie intake is more and burning fat is low. In short, obesity is the result of an imbalance between calorie intake and lack of physical activity.
- Medications: Certain medications can also be the reason behind the gained weight. Some medicines leave unintended side effects while treating some other health issues. The most common medications associated with weight gain may include steroids, diabetes medicines, blood pressure medications, antidepressant pills, and many more.
- Psychological Factors: A few mental issues can trigger the overeating habits in a person that may also lead to obesity.
What does science say about Marijuana and Obesity?
You must be wondering what the relationship between obesity and Medical Marijuana is. How are these two terms associated? And what is the link? Don’t worry; we have compiled it for you.
As per the Cannabis and Cannabinoid research conducted in Dec 2018, the researchers concluded a statement, “Cannabis may be a better option for weight loss than surgery or pharmaceuticals.”
This statement conclusion was based on the observations that THC works to downgrade the CB1 receptors present in the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which leads to the reduction in obesity rates as it has been discussed that obesity appears due to several factors. Out of all these causes, most of them are combined with over-eating. Interestingly, it is analyzed that cannabis users weigh less than non-cannabis users. This is odd to think and consider, as cannabis is known to cause munchies.
The question “why down-regulation of CB1 results in the decreased obesity rates, despite the increased calorie intake” is concerned. The authors theorize that “long-lasting and rapid downregulation of CB1 receptors leads to the reduction in energy storage and increases the metabolic rates and thus reverses the impact on BM1 of elevated dietary omega-3 or omega-6 ratios.” In short, despite the increased calorie consumption, it appears that THC consumption results in lower BMI and increased metabolic rates. The research says that THC plays a crucial role in decreasing BMI and decreasing obesity rates.
What catches the most of the attention here is which strains are the top strains to encourage weight loss. Let us take a closer look at the marijuana strains for weight loss.
Medical Marijuana Strains for Weight Loss
- Durban Poison: Durban poison strain is a popular strain from South Africa. This strain is often considered a powerhouse cannabis strain, including 26% of THC content. The resulting high is enormously potent and cerebral, which means the strain is not suitable for an inexperienced cannabis user.
- Blue Dream: Blue dream is another well-known high THC strain known for offering a wide range of potential medical uses. The strain also facilitates keeping the cannabis users focused and motivated to endow with a boost of Sativa-inspired energy.
- Grapefruit: The grapefruit cannabis strain is well known as a joy-inducing, energetic, and stress reliever strain. It usually contains a THC content of around 20 to 25 percent. The strain can help you stay motivated and feel active while treating a variety of medical conditions.
- Northern strain: As discussed earlier, one of the potential reasons for obesity is the lack of sleep. The northern strain is an iconic Indica cannabis strain that helps aid sleep by providing a relaxed body high with intense sedation. However, with this strain, it is essential to consume it in the right or recommended dosage which will likely help sound sleep.
- Cherry Pie: Cherry pie is a marijuana strain that tastes as good as its name is. It is well suited for cannabis users seeking a delicious strain that is a genuine joy to consume. It contains up to 26 % of THC content and is often used among cannabis users.
Cannabis is a natural remedy that helps alleviate health condition’s symptoms, and as discussed earlier, it has been an excellent solution to encourage weight loss. However, it is highly recommended to choose the marijuana treatment with an mmj doctor’s advice and recommendation only. Also, marijuana treatment requires legal permissions due to its controversial status. Obtaining a Medical Marijuana Card can save you from getting into legal issues. For this, you can either acquire the card offline or online. Both adhere to the same value. Forget about the manual procedures and obtain a Medical Marijuana Card online with My MMJ Doctor and receive your legal right at your doorstep.
Stay connected for more!!