Tuberculosis and Medical Cannabis
Publish Date: November 27th, 2020; Author: Darren M. Jorgenson.
Tuberculosis, commonly known as TB, is a microbial infection caused due to the damage of mycobacteria. Mycobacteria need plentiful oxygen to stay alive and imitate. TB usually attacks the lungs and then damages the other parts of the body. TB is a respiratory disease that results in death if left untreated. TB is treatable, curable, and preventable if treated well and on time. Vaccination, antibiotics, and drug-resistant strains are emerging.
Risk Factors if TB not treated appropriately:
- Joint damage
- Spinal pain
- Kidney and liver issues
- Heart Disorders
- Swelling in membrane
Causes of Tuberculosis
A contaminated or untreated carrier liberate microscopic droplets in the air through sneezing, coughing, spitting, talking, or laughing; that is when the Tuberculosis gets contracted. Tobacco is also one well-known cause responsible for the contraction of Tuberculosis.
Treatment for Tuberculosis
Tuberculosis is treatable if appropriately treated. The drugs that help treat Tuberculosis include Rifampin, Isoniazid, Pyrazinamide, and Ethambutol. These medications may treat Tuberculosis and leave some side effects, including vomiting, jaundice, loss of appetite, nausea, long-term fever, and dark urination.
The best prevention method against Tuberculosis is having and maintaining a healthy immune system. Weak immune systems are more susceptible to catching the disease.
Tuberculosis and Medical Cannabis
Also Read: Get Your Medical Marijuana Card Online Today
Medical Cannabis has been revealed to put forth antimicrobial effects on TB and analogous microbes. Though, the research on evaluating Medical Cannabis for treating Tuberculosis is in progress.
Research on Medical Cannabis concerning Tuberculosis
Researchers say that a diet high in protein helps treat Tuberculosis successfully. Cannabis seed comprises the edestin protein that is easy to digest and is analogous to the human globulin. As per the researchers, Cannabis has the best Cannabis that is required to treat Tuberculosis.
- A Czechoslovakian Tuberculosis nutrition study in 1955 stated that the Medical Cannabis seed has the curable properties to treat Tuberculosis and several other health conditions.
- A study in 1960 on the Medical Cannabis found that Medical Marijuana resin repressed the Tuberculosis bacteria growth and several other pathogens. The CBD has antimicrobial characteristics that are effective and helpful in treating Tuberculosis.
- The American Society of Pharmacognosy and the American Chemical Society conducted a research study on Medical Cannabis. They concluded the study with the findings that Medical Cannabis is an effective medication for fighting the Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus and some other deadly bacteria. It also stated that five other primary Cannabinoids in Medical Cannabis that have potency antibacterial activities. These include Cannabidiol, Cannabigerol, Cannabichromene, Cannabidiol, and Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
What are the Risk Factors?
Medical Cannabis has proven to be an effective treatment for treating Tuberculosis and may include fewer or no side effects. It is always good to get familiar with the side effects that may be experienced by the patient.
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
Best Strains of Medical Marijuana used for treating Tuberculosis
Treating Tuberculosis with Medical Cannabis is a traditional method used since historical times. Though the use of Medical Marijuana is not legal globally, and it requires legal permissions to get access to Medical Marijuana. Medical Marijuana Card is standalone legal documentation that one can acquire with legitimate health professionals’ recommendations. It gives the legal permissions to use and obtain medical Cannabis for medicinal purposes. Here are the Five medical marijuana strains that patients use for treating Tuberculosis and provide relief to the Tuberculosis symptoms.
- Charlotte’s Web (Sativa): Charlotte Web is a form of Sativa Medical Cannabis that aids in treating the Tuberculosis symptoms, which doesn’t make the patient high. It is rich in CBD constituents and contains 0.5 or less percentage of THC content.
- Strawberry Cough (Sativa): Strawberry cough is a form of Sativa Medical Cannabis considered an ideal strain for the Tuberculosis patients and endows with relaxation to their minds. This strain also helps in treating fatigue. It supports the appropriate energy levels required for fighting fatigue. Doctors prescribe to use it to treat pain, stress, lack of appetite, and depression.
- ACDC (hybrid): ACDC is a hybrid form of Medical Cannabis with a 1-to-20 THC-to-CBD ratio that proffers potent curative properties with no psychoactive effect. Doctors usually recommend this form for treating sclerosis and epilepsy.
- Girl Scout Cookies (hybrid): Girl Scout Cookies is a form of hybrid Medical Cannabis that provides a joyful and ecstatic high while proffering tuberculosis patients’ reprieve from pain, lack of appetite, stress, depression, and insomnia.
- Blue Dream (hybrid): Blue Dream is a form of medical Cannabis that endows with fast relief for several tuberculosis symptoms, such as stress, pain, nausea, depression, and insomnia.
Best Methods of Marijuana Treatment for the Side Effects and Symptoms of Tuberculosis
The consumption of Medical Cannabis for treating a health condition is not confined to smoking only. Several other methods are also there that will help in making the consumption of Medical Cannabis easier. A few edibles like cookies, candies, and many more are also acceptable consumption methods. Munchies are a well-known consumption method for struggling with a lack of appetite and weight loss. Let us check on those methods as well.
Few Popular Medical Cannabis Intake Methods
- Tea: Tea is a popular Medical Cannabis consumption method. The Cannabis buds, stem and leave in boiling water for almost 30 minutes to prepare a fine-textured tea for consumption.
- Smoking: Though the consumption of Medical Cannabis through smoking is always considered an unhealthy method of intake, as per the researchers, Medical Cannabis is comprised of toxins and carcinogens the may increase the risk of other health conditions.
- Vaporizers: Vaporizers are also a well-known method of consumption of Medical Cannabis. It smoothly heats the Cannabis at the low down temperatures required for liberating medical marijuana’s active medicinal elements. Making vaporizers is the most recommended method of intake.
- Tinctures and Tonics: Tinctures and Tonics are the liquid forms of medical Cannabis that can be easily applied to the skin or added to food, or consumed orally.
- Edibles Edibles are also considered a popular consumption method of medical Cannabis. Still, the patients consuming medical Cannabis in the form of edibles claim that the edibles generate a heavy feel to embark upon the chronic body pains.
- Topical Topical is antibacterial that consist of sprays, lotions, balms, and ointments that comprise of the Cannabis Oils.
- Wax and Hash For producing the wax or hash form of Medical Cannabis by compressing the cannabis flower resin into a few tiny blocks that a patient can eat, consume in the form of tea, smoke, or add to edibles. These are the potent form of Medical Marijuana that endows with quick pain relief.
People are counting on Medical Marijuana for treating Tuberculosis.
The health benefits of consumption of Medical Cannabis for treating several health conditions are manifold due to its constituents and other medicinal properties. To acquire Medical Cannabis for taking the therapeutic benefits, it is necessary to get legal permissions from the state-authorities in the form of a recommendation from a legitimate health professional and a state-identification Medical Marijuana Card. Acquire the benefits legally with a valid Medical Marijuana Card and get hold of the ample health benefits from Medical Cannabis!!