Table of Content
Vertigo is an inner ear disorder that generally affects the hearing and balance of a person. As per the studies, medical marijuana is found effective in relieving a few common symptoms of vertigo starting from nausea to inflammation. For many patients, the signs or symptoms of Vertigo are not so consistent that the patient may feel like the coming and going of the symptoms at any time.
Vertigo health condition has no direct cause as such. Still, it is a symptom of Meniere’s disease that is an inner ear disorder that gives birth to several symptoms, including vomiting, nausea, and Vertigo. It can be caused due to some injury involving the head, neck, brain tumors, migraine, or a few medications that might cause damage to the inner ear.
There are numerous possible reasons behind the occurrence of Vertigo in patients. Several health conditions that give rise to vertigo include:
- Meniere’s disease: Meniere’s disease is a health condition that generates a fluid build-up inside the inner ear. It usually causes the attack of Vertigo which may result in hearing loss after experiencing ringing in the ears.
- Cholesteatoma: Cholesteatoma is a non-cancerous skin enlargement positioned in the middle ear. It usually enlarges behind the eardrum and may also harm the bony structures present in the middle ear.
- Labyrinthitis: Labyrinthitis is a disorder that takes place when some infection causes a swollen inner ear labyrinth.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo is popularly known as BPPV, which is a health condition in which the crystals become dislodged and then end up in semicircular fluids. Whenever the person moves, these crystals touch the sensory hair cells, and this passes the false information about the position to the brain and makes the person feel dizzy.
- Vestibular Neuritis: The inflammation caused in the vestibular nerve due to infection is known as vestibular neuritis and gives birth to the symptoms like blurred vision or severe nausea.
Treatments of Vertigo
There exist several potential treatments of Vertigo that are currently used in the medical world to treat the health condition. The treatment of the medical condition depends on the reason causing it.
- Vestibular rehabilitation for vestibular neuritis.
- Canalith repositioning maneuvers for BPPV.
- Medication such as antibiotics if you have inflammation or an infection.
- Diuretics for Meniere’s disease.
- Surgery in extreme cases.
How Medical Marijuana treats Vertigo?
Medical Marijuana is comprised of more than 100 constituents that benefit the health condition in different ways. It is consists of two primary cannabinoid receptors known as CB1 and CB2 out of which the CB1 receptor is in the central nervous system, and the CB2 receptor is in immune cells responsible for regulating the cytokine release.
The cannabinoids are the primary topic of concern when it comes to treating the several health conditions as it impacts the body and brain through the endocannabinoid system, also known as ECS. ECS is a discrete communication system in the brain and body that affects several essential functions which in turn includes the way you move, react, and feel.
Endocannabinoids present in the body is the natural chemicals that interact with the ECS. The same way cannabinoids present in medical marijuana usually interacts with the ECS in the similar ways in which the natural chemicals do. And so, it is effective in treating several health conditions. The cannabinoids that have secured the primary focus of attention in medical marijuana include, CBD and THC, out of which CBD is associated with several body effects, and THC is related to producing the psychoactive effects on the body that gives rise to the high feeling experienced by the person.
A few symptoms of Vertigo that medical marijuana treats include:
- Jerking of eye
Headache: Medical Professionals have indicated that both the non-psychoactive and psychoactive form of Medical Marijuana can treat nearly any type of headache. CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids present in medical marijuana interacts with the endocannabinoid system receptors that stop the inflammation to aid in the headache pain. Strains best for headache include:
- Lemon Kush (Hybrid form)
- Green Crack (Sativa Form)
- White Widow (Hybrid form)
- Purple Urkle (Indica Form)
Vomiting and Nausea: As per the study done by researchers in 1975, the use of specific types of THC is performed on 20 participants that concluded with nausea relief. Also, the antiemetic effects of THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids give better results than the other prescribed medications. Some specific sprains that work well for relieving the symptoms include:
- Chernobyl (Hybrid Form)
- Death Start (Indica Form)
- Cheese (Hybrid Form)
- Chocolope (Hybrid Form)
Eye Jerking: The use of medical marijuana has been proven effective for treating eye jerking movements in health conditions related to several other diseases. The strain that helps best in treating the eye jerking movements include:
- Arctic Blue (Hybrid Form)
- Harry Potter (Hybrid Form)
- Carmella (Indica Form)
Thinking of taking Medical Marijuana?? Get familiar with side effects first!!
If you are thinking of taking help from medical marijuana for treating some health condition, then make sure you are familiar with the side-effects of it. Also, the over-dose of everything is terrible and so marijuana. So make sure to take medical marijuana with the doctor’s prescription only.
Red eyes: The patient may experience redness in the eyes that can be easily treatable by the eye-drops.
Hunger: Well, this cannot be counted as a side-effect of the consumption of medical marijuana. This can be considered as a plus point of taking marijuana for the people who experience loss in appetite and eating issues.
Drowsiness: Drowsiness is suitable for those who have sleep issues but usually too much tiredness will make you sleepy all day and night and puts you in a confusing situation of having such drowsy behavior at the workplace or somewhere else.
Respiratory Issues: Patients who prefer smoking the herb may experience breathing issues.
Paranoia: A few medical cannabis strains may cause paranoia feeling during the treatment or after the treatment is complete.
So it is noteworthy to consult the doctor before consuming medical marijuana for treating some health condition. It is good to know about the side-effects and its accurate dosage to treat the health condition.
The Best Consumption methods of Medical Marijuana for treating Vertigo
- Smoking: Although smoking is not a healthy form of consumption, it is a standard method of consumption that brings instant relief.
- Vaping: Vaping is a less odor method that also provides instant relief from the symptoms and is less damaging to the lungs as compared to smoking.
- Edibles: The patients can also use the marijuana-infused edibles to get relief from symptoms.
- Beverages: Patients can get their medical cannabis-infused drinks to get relief from any health condition.
- Tinctures: With the help of tinctures, place a few drops under the tongue or add them to your beverages or food.
What to look for in the Medical Marijuana Strain for treating Vertigo??
As per the research and studies, it is essential to check on CBD content that had the most significant potential for treating nausea, dizziness associated with the vertigo health issue. To treat the vertigo health issue, you require a medical marijuana strain that includes a low to moderate level of THC constituent. In case of a patient suffering from Vertigo:
- Linalool is having a calming effect and sedating too that can help in relieving symptoms of Vertigo.
- Limonene is proven useful for reducing stress and alleviating mood.
It is essential not to ignore the levels of terpenes in any medical marijuana strain.
Gear up your Medical Marijuana Treatment for Vertigo
Begin your Medical Marijuana treatment for Vertigo by applying for the legal right to consume and possess medical marijuana. But before beginning makes sure it is legal to consume medical marijuana within your state boundaries. Then apply online for your Medical Marijuana Card by filling the evaluation form, get connected to the state-licensed medical health professional, and receiver your medical marijuana card if the cannabis doctor approves the health condition. So, stop worrying about the use and consumption of medical marijuana and get all the benefits by acquiring a legal, medical marijuana card. But make sure that the services from where you are getting your medical marijuana card are legal. Falsifying the card may put you in legal trouble, and also consuming medical marijuana without any legal document can also put you in legal danger.
Stop disliking medical marijuana, instead, acquire the health benefits from it!!
Our Simple 3 Step Process For Medical Marijuana Card
1. Fill up your details in an easy 420 Evaluations form.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local MMJ doctor After Online Submission.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Recommendation In Your Email.
Looking To Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card?
Muscle Spasms: Causes, Symptoms, And Treatments (Home Remedies)Table of Content Introduction What are Muscle Spasms? Causes Prevention Treatment Home Remedies Bottom Line! Muscle spasms, also known as muscle cramps, refer to painful contractions and...
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)? Symptoms, Causes and Treatment Table of Content Introduction Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosis of Arthritis Rheumatoid Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis Bottom Line! Rheumatoid Arthritis refers to a chronic...
What is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy? Its Symptoms, Causes and TreatmentWritten By Shasta WilsonTable of Content Introduction Symptoms Causes Prevention from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Diagnosis of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Treatment of Reflex...