Table of Content
The marijuana industry is booming. The year 2018 has been a significant year for the plant due to its unleashing health benefits and adoption for medicinal use. States are gradually allowing medical cannabis use and recreational use also.
While talking about the CBD, which is a non-psychoactive compound of the plant, cannabis sales have increased considerably. And these sales are looking to get triple by the year 2022. With such a rise in marijuana in popularity, there is no wonder that online sales have shot up and will increase more.
So, does this increment in sales mean that more people will move towards making money with this? And with the higher demands, what do you require if you are searching for ways to sell marijuana or CBD online? If you are looking for an answer for the same, you have come to the right place. Here in this blog, we will focus on the well-known global marketplace called Etsy and everything about it.
Who is Etsy?
Etsy refers to an online selling platform that is driven towards a community and putting customization back into exchanges. Etsy is a home for thousands of independent sellers, companies, and businesses seeking to share their passion with interested buyers, from wonderful and weird to vintage classics.
Etsy is considered more of a community but still has some strong ethics that individuals would appreciate when it comes to handling financial deals. Etsy has a strong reputation that puts a full stop to the search for the people who are seeking to get access to cannabis or CBD for trustworthy and high-quality products.
Are CBD and Cannabis Permitted For Selling on Etsy?
Well, the answer is no! But if you are looking to sell cannabis or CBD online, you must read why Etsy is presently not allowing the selling of the products.
- Their website states that they forbid several substances on their site depending on the varying regulations and laws associated with them. Though this condition is subject to change with the modifications in rules, for the time being, there are a few facts to be noted around the CBD or marijuana sales on Etsy. This includes:
- Drugs, alcohol, medical drugs, drug paraphernalia, and tobacco are prohibited on Etsy.
- These substances have severe legal restrictions, and many are considered controlled substances under the laws.
- The same policy is also applicable to several other substances claimed to have healing effects or deemed intoxicating.
- Keeping the legalities aside, Etsy’s policies and ethics do not line up with these product types being sold on their platform.
So What Exactly Does This Mean in the Case of Sellers?
Etsy’s platform makes its stance on CBD or cannabis sales pretty clear in its website policies. If you post products for sale on Etsy or intend to do so, then here are the essentials you need to know.
- Anyone selling either CBD or cannabis on the Etsy platform will lose their purely non-refundable listing fees.
- The cannabis or CBD sale and other prohibited substances are banned and will also be eradicated from the website by the administration.
- Etsy can remove the listings at any point in time regardless of where it is up to in the selling process.
- Etsy has the right to terminate or suspend the account if the person violates the process.
Think twice before selling Cannabis or CBD on Etsy!
While ample websites offer reliable and high-quality products online, Etsy is not one of them because of its ethical standpoint. However, those looking to sell Cannabis or CBD must check out the laws and alternate methods for the same. It is essential to go through the state laws and obtain the licenses to sell cannabis products.
We hope that this blog has helped you get familiar with the Cannabis and CBD policies on Etsy. Don’t forget to leave comments in case of any queries.
Stay connected for more!
Our Simple 3 Step Process For Medical Marijuana Card
1. Fill up your details in an easy 420 Evaluations form.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local MMJ doctor After Online Submission.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Recommendation In Your Email.
Looking To Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card?
Table of Content Introduction History of Legislation Tennessee Medical Marijuana Card Qualifying Conditions Possession How to buy Medical Marijuana in Tennessee? Bottom Line The use of weed in Tennessee is illegal for the most part. Recreational or...
Table of Content Introduction Medical Marijuana Reciprocity in Texas Texas Medical Marijuana Card Qualifying Conditions Process Is weed legal in Texas? Penalties for possession and cultivation Can my MMJ card expire? Texas has rigid regulations...
What are Medical Marijuana Laws in Texas? (Updated Laws- 2022)Table of Content Introduction Texas Medical Marijuana Laws Possession and Penalties Cultivation Laws Taxation Caregiving Reciprocity Driving and Public Intake Employment Discrimination...